Jogger Collapses/dies n Mechanicsville; ID sought

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
A jogger collapsed and subsequently died near Mechanicsville. In case anyone is able to help identify the man (who was not carrying any ID):

On Friday June 26, 2015 at approximately 0730 hours, Troopers responded to the area of north bound MD Rt 5 and Mechanicsville Rd, Mechanicville, STM, MD for the report of a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle. Upon arrival a male was found unresponsive on the slow shoulder of MD Rt 5 south of Mechanicsville Rd with CPR being performed. EMS personnel arrived and the victim was transported to Charles Regional Memorial Hospital. While investigating the incident, it was determined the victim was jogging on the north bound slow shoulder of MD Rt 5 and collapsed. Several drivers passing by stopped to assist the victim, including EMS Personnel. Troopers were unable to identify any witnesses to the victim falling. The victim was not carrying any form of identification. No foul play is suspected at this time.

At this point in the investigation the victim has not been identified, all leads are being investigated.

Investigating Trooper: Tpr Mulhearn #6494
Phone Number: 301-475-8955

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Sad. But a five day cooling off period for jogging would be a good idea.

littlelady

God bless the USA
My husband is a runner. He wears what he calls a carcass wrist band with his name, address and phone number. I worry every time he goes out to run, but I can't fault him for his love of running, and he is actually healthier for it. I am sorry for the runner that died. We had that happen on Broomes Island about 10 years ago. It was not his fault. He was hit by a drunk driver. Prayers to the family of this person that was trying to be healthy, and do what he loved.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Update: During the ongoing investigation the unidentified male victim has been identified as Alejandro Timbol Bermudo, 51 years old, of Mechanicsville, MD. Next of kin has been notified. Anyone with additional information about the incident is requested to contact the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack.