Why I'm Not a Calvinist: Seven Minute Seminary

[video=youtube;KjUYw6Vg0bQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjUYw6Vg0bQ[/video]

C

Chuckt

All of Calvinism Refuted By one Verse

[video=youtube;c59ip-iDORI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c59ip-iDORI[/video]

C

Chuckt

Adrian Rogers Refutes Total Depravity & Destroys Calvinism.

[video=youtube;3bgcF0ZMJ40]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bgcF0ZMJ40[/video]

Zguy28

I could only believe in Calvinism if God is not a respecter of persons.

Acts 10:34-35King James Version (KJV)

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

:shrugs

C

Chuckt

Acts 10:34-35King James Version (KJV)

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

:shrugs

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
101 Adjective Strong's Number: g1184 Greek: dektos
Accept, Accepted, Acceptable:

akin to No. 1, denotes "a person or thing who has been regarded favorably," Luk 4:19,24; Act 10:35; 2Cr 6:2 (in this verse No. 3 is used in the second place); Phl 4:18.

Favorably might be a better word. The Lord is giving me a verse that would fit in with that synonym.

Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

You could say that the church of Ephesus worked righteousness but what does it say in Revelation 2:4? "I have somewhat against thee". In other words, you can't make non salvific words a proof text.
Sure, God might react favorably towards right attitudes and right living but it doesn't automatically give you salvation.

Revelation 2:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

If salvation is what you meant ( and Calvinism is about those who are elect and those who are non elect), then you are out of context.

Zguy28

Favorably might be a better word. The Lord is giving me a verse that would fit in with that synonym.

Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

You could say that the church of Ephesus worked righteousness but what does it say in Revelation 2:4? "I have somewhat against thee". In other words, you can't make non salvific words a proof text.
Sure, God might react favorably towards right attitudes and right living but it doesn't automatically give you salvation.

Revelation 2:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

If salvation is what you meant ( and Calvinism is about those who are elect and those who are non elect), then you are out of context.

I was just joking and playing on his words. Which by the way, I'm not sure what his context is. God is no respecter of persons (no favoritism) regarding types of people and where they are from. That was Peter's point at least.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I was just joking and playing on his words. Which by the way, I'm not sure what his context is. God is no respecter of persons (no favoritism) regarding types of people and where they are from. That was Peter's point at least.

I'm just glad he left us alone and now is condemning another religion.......
I'm sure you will slice and dice him as good as Radiant.
He thinks he is the next coming..........

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm not ashamed to admit that I loved Calvin.

I wish Bill Watterson would bring him back.