What Charlie Daniels has to say.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Not many here will care what he has to say to even give the effort to decide whether they agree with him or not. Most of us have our own minds, unlike you.

Hijinx

Not many here will care what he has to say to even give the effort to decide whether they agree with him or not. Most of us have our own minds, unlike you.

You read my post, read the article and answered in 3 minutes?

Why don't you give it up. You are just posting to be obnoxious as usual.

BigBlue

You read my post, read the article and answered in 3 minutes?

Why don't you give it up. You are just posting to be obnoxious as usual.

Bull####@@@:bs::bs::bs:

You and he are both hypocrites!to quote "The Confederate battle flag was a sign of defiance, a sign of pride, a declaration of a geographical area that you were proud to be from.

That’s all it is to me and all it has ever been to me.

I can’t speak for all, but I know in my heart that most Southerners feel the same way.

I have no desire to reinstate the Confederacy. I oppose slavery as vehemently as any man, and I believe that every human being, regardless of the color of their skin, is just as valuable as I am and deserves the exact same rights and advantages as I do."

CD denies slavery was ever a part of the flag ,he goes on to say he doesn't speak for everyone in the south but yet he tries to because "in his heart knows it",he also says he wants everyman to have the same rights he does and doesn't want to "reinstate the Confederacy" well why honor a time in our country's history that was dark ,shameful and wrong?Remember the Civil war had two sides just not the south and they lost.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Bull####@@@:bs::bs::bs:

You and he are both hypocrites!to quote "The Confederate battle flag was a sign of defiance, a sign of pride, a declaration of a geographical area that you were proud to be from.

That’s all it is to me and all it has ever been to me.

I can’t speak for all, but I know in my heart that most Southerners feel the same way.

I have no desire to reinstate the Confederacy. I oppose slavery as vehemently as any man, and I believe that every human being, regardless of the color of their skin, is just as valuable as I am and deserves the exact same rights and advantages as I do."

CD denies slavery was ever a part of the flag ,he goes on to say he doesn't speak for everyone in the south but yet he tries to because "in his heart knows it",he also says he wants everyman to have the same rights he does and doesn't want to "reinstate the Confederacy" well why honor a time in our country's history that was dark ,shameful and wrong?Remember the Civil war had two sides just not the south and they lost.

And I still say it's not over yet.

tommyjo

About the Confederate flag.

http://rightwingnews.com/media/we-d...ld-talk-like-this-about-the-confederate-flag/

He expresses the sentiments of most Southerners IMO

Of course not many here will agree with him, but that's their loss.

Mr. Daniels makes an impassioned argument...that, at its base, completely misses on all levels.

Mr. Daniels says he can't speak for all Southerners...and then does exactly that. The problem with his view is that most Southerners are obviously changing their viewpoints. (And therein lies the basic falsehood in his argument...the world changes...he and those like him are stuck in a distant past. The Civil War ended over 150 years ago, the Confederacy no longer exists...get over it and move on. The rest of the country has.)

Mr. Daniels also claims that there should be no federal interference in the states decision to keep or remove the Confederate battle flag. What federal law has been passed or proposed directing states to remove the flag? What federal law has been passed or proposed banning the sale/distribution of the Confederate flag? In case Mr. Daniels hasn't noticed, the citiziens and political leaders of the states themselves (including the Republican Governor of SC and also Mississippi?) are the ones who are calling for the removal of the Confederate flag from state government locations. (So obviously, Mr. Daniels "heart" and Hijinx feeble mind are not in agreement with "most Southerners". Actually, one should replace "most Southerners" with "Southerners who look, act and think like me" to get to their real point.)

But this is the most telling quote:

The Confederate battle flag was a sign of defiance, a sign of pride, a declaration of a geographical area that you were proud to be from

First off, did he misspeak in using the word "was". If it "was" all those things, how does he see it now?

If he did not misspeak, then this is a sad commentary on his intellectual capacity. A "sign of pride"? Pride in what exactly? A nation divided to the point of going to war with itself? The death of hundreds of thousands of Americans? The wounding, maiming of untold more young men? The destruction of towns, cities, entire families? The assassination of a President? The decades of recriminations and animosity that split this country after the Civil War ended?

Mr. Daniels is free to wave the Confederate flag as much as he wants...no one should stop him. That flag has no more business flying over a state capital building than the White House should have been lit up in Rainbow colors Friday night.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mr. Daniels is free to wave the Confederate flag as much as he wants...no one should stop him. That flag has no more business flying over a state capital building than the White House should have been lit up in Rainbow colors Friday night.

Just like that. :clap:

rdytogo

You're mind was shaped by people or education which you responded to. You have listened, read or experienced things which formed your opinions. You didn't come out of the womb with the thoughts that you have, they are learned in some fashion or another. Most of your learning is not from experience, but from education which came from people you trusted, or information you debunked from people you didn't. Everyone has something to offer and while I haven't read Charlie Daniels thoguhts on the subject yet, he may offer a point of view which I didn't think of. Your ignorance is equal to your arrogance.

rdytogo

Mr. Daniels also claims that there should be no federal interference in the states decision to keep or remove the Confederate battle flag. What federal law has been passed or proposed directing states to remove the flag? What federal law has been passed or proposed banning the sale/distribution of the Confederate flag? In case Mr. Daniels hasn't noticed, the citiziens and political leaders of the states themselves (including the Republican Governor of SC and also Mississippi?) are the ones who are calling for the removal of the Confederate flag from state government locations. (So obviously, Mr. Daniels "heart" and Hijinx feeble mind are not in agreement with "most Southerners". Actually, one should replace "most Southerners" with "Southerners who look, act and think like me" to get to their real point.)

It seems easy for you to cherry pick your information to suit your argument, but Daniels didn't say anything about federal laws, he talked about federal interference. When the president of the United States speaks on a subject negatively or positively....that is the epitomy of federal interference.

PeoplesElbow

The flag means different things to different people. I would wager a fairly large chunk of those that fly it (and those that condemn it) don't even know its origins.

But the confederate flag is most definitely used as a big FU to blacks, northerners, and liberals. It is flown for many different reasons but one is hate. Those that defend it are the exact same ones that say Muslims, blacks etc need to police their own but they did nothing of the sort to police out the racists using the confederate flag as an instrument of hate.

On of my good friends got a PhD fellowship ti Mississippi St and he seemed to like he. He was of Hawaiian decent and pretty dark, it was actually hard to tell what his heritage was. He said his first week he went driving around and ended up a few miles out of town at a fork in the road where there was a trailer with a confederate flag on a pole in the front yard and a 4x8 sheet of plywood standing up against the flag pole that read "No Ni****s Allowed".

This was just over 15 years ago, I wouldn't doubt if that was still there, he said he never went down that road again because he looked too much like a black man.

rdytogo

The flag means different things to different people. I would wager a fairly large chunk of those that fly it (and those that condemn it) don't even know its origins.

But the confederate flag is most definitely used as a big FU to blacks, northerners, and liberals. It is flown for many different reasons but one is hate. Those that defend it are the exact same ones that say Muslims, blacks etc need to police their own but they did nothing of the sort to police out the racists using the confederate flag as an instrument of hate.

On of my good friends got a PhD fellowship ti Mississippi St and he seemed to like he. He was of Hawaiian decent and pretty dark, it was actually hard to tell what his heritage was. He said his first week he went driving around and ended up a few miles out of town at a fork in the road where there was a trailer with a confederate flag on a pole in the front yard and a 4x8 sheet of plywood standing up against the flag pole that read "No Ni****s Allowed".

This was just over 15 years ago, I wouldn't doubt if that was still there, he said he never went down that road again because he looked too much like a black man.

Ok.

Hijinx

Yeah that's pretty rough, but a black man is still safer in a white neighborhood , than a white man is in a black neighborhood.
Hell for that matter a black man is safer in a white neighborhood than he is in a black neighborhood.

PJay

I love this man. He's 100% correct.

I hope people will click on link and read the whole piece.

"I was raised on a plantation in the South, and never had a problem with the Confederate flag. It is a symbol of regional pride, and also a reminder of what America has overcome.

Leftists don’t care about the flag. They’re just using it to attack the South – one of the last bastions of Christian conservatism left in America – to ultimately defeat Republicans. Shame on cowardly Republicans for going along with it."

http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/no-white-leader-will-dare-stop-obama-now/

Last edited: