Daniel 12 "Go your way, Daniel"

hotcoffee

Daniel 12:8 I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, “My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?”

9 He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

13 “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”

I could get all bogged down with the meaning of the 1,335 days and I could get bogged down with the meaning of the allotted inheritance. This could be a really long and elaborate post with lots of links and pictures. Instead, I choose to focus on "Go your way".

One of the commentaries I've followed from the beginning says this.

Daniel's mind was filled with exciting and frightening prophetic thoughts. Perhaps it was easy for those things to become a distraction instead of a blessing to him. So the angel concluded with an important reminder: go your way till the end. God had a course He wanted Daniel to complete, and Daniel needed to remain focused on that.

Adam Clarke draws the following points from Daniel 12:13:

Every man has his way to go.

Every man has an end.

There is a rest provided for the people of God.

There is an inheritance for the people of God.​

At the end of the gospel of John, Jesus told Peter about his destiny to die as a martyr for Jesus. Peter wanted to know about John's destiny, so he asked Jesus, "What about John?" Essentially, Jesus replied, "It's none of your business. You follow Me" (John 21:22). In the same way, Daniel was not to spend all of his time and energy speculating and worrying about things he couldn't know. Instead, he should simply obey the word to go your way till the end - something we must all do.​

:coffee: