Proud Father Moment

ImProudofMyEagleScoutsSticker (1).png

Both of my sons have earned Eagle Scout. Eldest earned it 12/2012, youngest earned it yesterday.

Restless

Awesome! It is good to hear that their are young men out there who still do their best and have goals! Well done!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Having never been in any of the scouts myself, what is an Eagle Scout? Is this an honor bestowed by the Boy Scouts or some other organization?

The ultimate achievable level of scouting, and reward/award for scouting. The presentation of the award is a very big event, usually in a church, almost always attended by the local Congressman or Senator as the presentee, and they get an congratulations letter from the President.

http://www.scouting.org/About/FactSheets/EagleScouts.aspx

Last edited:
H

Hodr

My father was an Eagle scout. Though he never mentioned it himself my grandmother showed me the badges and awards a couple of times when I went to visit. I didn't see any letter from the president though, that would have been nice to see.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Congratulations to you and your son! As a former scout and, later, BSA water activities merit badge counselor, I know how much work it takes to make it to Eagle. Never got there myself.

musiclady

Congrats! That is an accomplishment. My oldest boy is an Eagle Scout and earned an Eagle Palm. It really shaped who he is. My youngest is just starting boy scouts and is much less dedicated at this time.

The offices of the President and your congressmen have a form on their webpage you can have them send something. The Pentagon will also fly a flag in his honor if you contact them. My son liked that one a lot. And your area will most likely have a Eagle Award Ceremony that is worth attending. You may already know all this, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case.

Our State Senator even attended the ceremony!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
My father was an Eagle scout. Though he never mentioned it himself my grandmother showed me the badges and awards a couple of times when I went to visit. I didn't see any letter from the president though, that would have been nice to see.

My family and I have attended two different award ceremonies for neighbor boys that achieved Eagle Scout. US Senator Connie Mack III presided over the ceremony (around 1990), and the scout had a letter presented from President Bush. The other ceremony was in the mid-90's and US Rep Gus Bilraikis presided, and the scout received a letter from President Clinton. Really cool events.

huntr1, congratulations to you and your family.

I am an Eagle (Oct 1989). I have still have my letters, including from the President. We will be requesting letters once he tells us who he wants them from. President Obama has been slacking in sending requested letters. County Commissioners and State Delegates/Senators and U.S. Representatives/Senators have been very supportive with letters/flags. The MD flag I was presented with at my Eagle Court of Honor is now our Troop MD flag.

He makes the 15th Eagle Scout to come out of our troop since we formed in 2008.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Congrats! Our family is a Scouting Family, as well. Dad was a leader and several fam members made Eagle. Glad to know the program is doing well!