Martha Stewart verdict

Vince

Originally posted by mAlice
That's all? :mad:
Anyone else would have gotten 5 years for that. Did anyone hear some lady on the news raving about Martha and how she shouldn't get any jail time? She went on and on about how Martha didn't do anything wrong and how she just brought beauty to the world. What a crock of :bs:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Vince
Anyone else would have gotten 5 years for that. Did anyone hear some lady on the news raving about Martha and how she shouldn't get any jail time? She went on and on about how Martha didn't do anything wrong and how she just brought beauty to the world. What a crock of :bs:

If it was fox news this morning, an attorney that sits across from me did an hour long interview on tv this morning with several other folks, Gilmore, Ferraro (sp?), etc... the guy I'm referring to is the one with a short hair cut and glasses. :shrug: did you see him? he said make up came out ever commercial break for them :ohwell:

D

dems4me

here were the guests this morning... any of these folks? :shrug:

July 16

You'll get all the day's breaking news, plus:

• Sen. Jon Corzine , D-N.J.
• Jennifer "Gin" Sander , co-author "The Martini Diet: The Self-Indulgent Way To A Thinner, More Fabulous You!"
• Bob Skilnik , creator of "The Drink Beer, Get Thin Diet"
• Geraldine Ferarro , former vice presidentianl candidate, Fox News Contributor
• Virginia Gov. James Gilmore Former , former RNC chairman
• John Kelly, attorney on behalf of Nicole Brown in civil trial
• Bradley Bennett Partner , defense attoreny, XXXX XXXX Firm
• Pat Woodward , former federal prosecutor
• Paul Summit , business defense attorney

NOTE: Topics and guests are subject to change.

Vince

Just heard that she can appeal the sentence. She'll walk away with house arrest and probation. Just watch.

D

dems4me

Just heard that she can appeal the sentence. She'll walk away with house arrest and probation. Just watch.

Oh the irony... more cooking from Martha's kitchen specials

Pete

Repete
That sounds wrong. :confused: I know you can appeal the conviction but not the sentence.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
She'll walk away with tastefully decorated house arrest and a probation party with delightful hors d'ouevres.

Sorry, but someone had to make that kind of joke.

Vince

Originally posted by Pete
That sounds wrong. :confused: I know you can appeal the conviction but not the sentence.
That's what I heard on TV. Don't know how true it is. It hinges on some other case. Just caught bits and pieces.

D

dems4me

That's what I heard on TV. Don't know how true it is. It hinges on some other case. Just caught bits and pieces.

I'll ask the attorney that was on Fox today when he gets off the phone to see if she can appeal the prison sentence... :shrug: he's pretty busy today :shrug:

Cletus_Vandam

That Sux!!!

She should die in prison for the crap she pulled.

Between her and the fools at Enron, it these types that are distroying the trust in the stock market.

They had the perfect forum to make a very public example out of her and her kind.

Here's a great hought: her and OJ should start dating.:cheers:

D

dems4me

Re: That Sux!!!

Originally posted by Cletus_Vandam
She should die in prison for the crap she pulled.

Between her and the fools at Enron, it these types that are distroying the trust in the stock market.

They had the perfect forum to make a very public example out of her and her kind.

Here's a great hought: her and OJ should start dating.:cheers:

I didn't think she would have to serve any time -- kind of like most celebreties :shrug:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Pete

My friend across the way just said that she can appeal the conviction and then it would be up to the government to appeal the sentence afterwards but the government leaned on the lenient side and gave her pretty much the softest thing they could give her and that - her case for appeal will be next to zero of being granted. He also said the fact that she out right lied to two different federal investigators (each with a different story) shot her case.

emmpeedee

Re: Re: That Sux!!!

Originally posted by dems4me
I didn't think she would have to serve any time -- kind of like most celebreties :shrug:

who cares if she is a celebrity? she's a convicted criminal!!!!!! having a glamorous job shouldn't mean you are exempt from the law or serving time when its called for.

D

dems4me

Re: Re: Re: That Sux!!!

Originally posted by emmpeedee
who cares if she is a celebrity? she's a convicted criminal!!!!!! having a glamorous job shouldn't mean you are exempt from the law or serving time when its called for.

I am in agreement with you completely... but in reality, they walk away with a slap on the wrist -- its not right, but it just seems that they get different treatment so I was kind of expecting her to just get a slap on the wrist - not jail time.

NP -- She has a strong sturdy build and works out regularly -- she'll do fine in the slammer with the other cellmates :yay:

C

czygvtwkr

What alot of you fail to realize that she was not charged with insider trading, she was charged with lying to fbi agents about what happened. There was not enough evidence to try her for insider trading.

The sentance she got was the absolute minimum allowed.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by czygvtwkr
What alot of you fail to realize that she was not charged with insider trading, she was charged with lying to fbi agents about what happened. There was not enough evidence to try her for insider trading.

The sentance she got was the absolute minimum allowed.

That is what the guy across from me said --
but still I think there was insider trading involved - but couldn't proove it... she used to be a stockbroker and practice on the NYSE, she knew what she was doing all along is my theory :shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by dems4me
That is what the guy across from me said --
but still I think there was insider trading involved - but couldn't proove it... she used to be a stockbroker and practice on the NYSE, she knew what she was doing all along is my theory :shrug:

I thought it was her husband who was the stockbroker. :confused: