Suicide by cop...

I read this entire article and though "Monday morning quarterbacking" may point towards some of the examples depicted leaving one to believe there could have been a different way to handle the even I am holding firm to my opinion that those cases are the rare instance and in most of the cases using deadly force was understandable and acceptable.

I fully believe that a mentally ill person who has decided to commit suicide by cop is a truly unpredictable and dangerous person and a cop has a right to self-preservation over risking his/her life in order to try to 2nd guess whether the mentally unstable person "really means it" or not.

I also don't believe that "quadrupling" training will have much of an impact on the outcome of a cop needing to make an urgent decision on "self-preservation" vs. attempting to reason with an armed unstable person.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/distraught-people-deadly-results/ar-AAckwXj

Misfit

Lawful neutral
"Made it, Ma! Top of the world!"

I think if I decide to do myself in I’ll use suicide by chocolate.

Maybe I’ll get a statue made of me at Hershey Park. :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I like this kid;

"The startled officers fired 10 shots, three of which struck Hoffman. They later discovered that his weapon was a BB gun. And they found a note on his mobile phone, addressed to the officers who shot him.

“You did nothing wrong,” it said. “You ended the life of a man who was too much of a coward to do it himself.”

tblwdc

The report loses all signs of objectiveness and intelligence when it says;

But there were also important distinctions. This group was more likely to wield a weapon less lethal than a firearm. Six had toy guns; 3 in 10 carried a blade, such as a knife or a machete — weapons that rarely prove deadly to police officers. According to data maintained by the FBI and other organizations, only three officers have been killed with an edged weapon in the past decade

On one hand, they cite how the FBI statistics are unreliable, then when it suits their narrative, they cite FBI data.

I wonder if there have only been three officers killed by an edge weapon in the last decade because officers have been better trained to understand the lethality of edge weapons and take measures not to be killed by them?