'Star of Bethlehem' Reappears

NextJen

Raisin cane
I saw someone post something about this yesterday evening. I went outside about 9:30ish and it was overcast so I didn't see it. (However, I did see hundreds of lightning bugs 'twinkling' in the trees around my house which was really pretty to see.)

Interesting that this planet configuration hasn't been this close for 2,000 years and is happening now. A sign in the Heavens?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I saw someone post something about this yesterday evening. I went outside about 9:30ish and it was overcast so I didn't see it. (However, I did see hundreds of lightning bugs 'twinkling' in the trees around my house which was really pretty to see.)

Interesting that this planet configuration hasn't been this close for 2,000 years and is happening now. A sign in the Heavens?

I think they're have been a lot of signs.

C

Chuckt

Historic 'Star of Bethlehem' Reappears for First Time in Over 2,000 Years

Anyone see this last night? I had no idea. I'll have to make a point to look tonight.

http://conservativerefocus.com/blogs/blog5.php/2015/06/30/signs-historic-star-of-bethlehem

In their mind, that is what they want to call it because they are anti-supernatural. I don't think Venus and Jupiter lining up is the star of Bethlehem.

In theology, the anti-Christ comes back before Jesus does. People don't want to believe so God is going to give people the deception instead.

PsyOps

Pixelated
In their mind, that is what they want to call it because they are anti-supernatural. I don't think Venus and Jupiter lining up is the star of Bethlehem.

In theology, the anti-Christ comes back before Jesus does. People don't want to believe so God is going to give people the deception instead.

God used dirt from the earth to create man. He could have just said the word and man could have appeared. God used water to destroy all of man. He could have just said "poof you're all gone", but He chose to use nature to do His work. He could smote the Egyptians as they chased the Hebrews into the desert, but He chose to, once again, use what the earth had available. Why is it so hard to believe God could have used planets aligning to send his sign?

C

Chuckt

God used dirt from the earth to create man. He could have just said the word and man could have appeared. God used water to destroy all of man. He could have just said "poof you're all gone", but He chose to use nature to do His work. He could smote the Egyptians as they chased the Hebrews into the desert, but He chose to, once again, use what the earth had available. Why is it so hard to believe God could have used planets aligning to send his sign?

God is personal. God is transcendent.

Too many people can go into a cave and get commentary out of rock formations and say, "This rock formation looks like Mickey Mouse." I've been to caves where people say that and it is boring after a while because it is all subjective to people's imaginations and interpretations.

God used two witnesses. I've been looking for the verse in the minor prophets but can't find it because I only learned it once. God can hold you accountable because He sent two witnesses. How many people do you have in the Bible giving you a witness? You have sixty six books and maybe you don't believe one of them is accurate or maybe you believe that error crept in. God can hold you accountable because of two witnesses. I already have God's word so I don't need the Catholic church to declare God because Jesus already did.

You can also go by signs and I will qualify that. Satan is the little god of this world and because Adam gave away his federal headship to him, the kingdoms of the world belong to Satan and the power is given to Satan to deceive:

King James Bible
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
http://biblehub.com/2_thessalonians/2-9.htm

I've read those books "The Gospel in the Stars" and so forth and stopped reading them because they are novel and because the Christian Research Institute gave people a good case not to believe in them.

Because people don't want to believe the truth, Satan will have the power of lying signs and wonders and give them to the anti-Christ. He will basically be able to do some of the stuff that God can do for a time.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Who said it was a sign of was sign of His return? I'm certainly not making any assumptions about it. Could it be a sign of something? Maybe. But the only thing I said was that this alignment hasn't been seen for 2000 years. Based on many scientific studies, the last alignment of the two planets probably was NOT the Star of Bethlehem, and the Bible is probably referring to an astrological event that we may never see again.

C

Chuckt

Who said it was a sign of was sign of His return? I'm certainly not making any assumptions about it. Could it be a sign of something? Maybe. But the only thing I said was that this alignment hasn't been seen for 2000 years. Based on many scientific studies, the last alignment of the two planets probably was NOT the Star of Bethlehem, and the Bible is probably referring to an astrological event that we may never see again.

The article states:

Adding to this already considered remarkable spate of significance, is the unfolding turmoil both seen and felt across the world, causing many evangelicals to believe that the world is now transversing into the last era of man known as the "End Times."

Perhaps you've heard of John Hagee's "Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change"? I see it as nothing more than astrology which Christians should stay clear of. People keep coming out with this garbage and then my friends call on me to disprove it.

And unlike the quote, the significance doesn't cause evangelicals to believe the world is transversing into the last era known as the "End Times". Anyone who is biblically literate knows that Peter quoted Joel and applied the verses to the last days which we have been living in the last 2,000 years:

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

When Peter says, "this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel" and in the next verse it says, "it shall come to pass in the last days" then we're already there and I don't need a sign in the sky to tell me because I have the Bible. I have God's written word on it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The article states:

Perhaps you've heard of John Hagee's "Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change"? I see it as nothing more than astrology which Christians should stay clear of. People keep coming out with this garbage and then my friends call on me to disprove it.

And unlike the quote, the significance doesn't cause evangelicals to believe the world is transversing into the last era known as the "End Times". Anyone who is biblically literate knows that Peter quoted Joel and applied the verses to the last days which we have been living in the last 2,000 years:

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

When Peter says, "this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel" and in the next verse it says, "it shall come to pass in the last days" then we're already there and I don't need a sign in the sky to tell me because I have the Bible. I have God's written word on it.

Well, I was just bringing attention to the astronomical event. I don't what your point is supposed to be, other than looking for something to contradict.

C

Chuckt

Well, I was just bringing attention to the astronomical event. I don't what your point is supposed to be, other than looking for something to contradict.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Other than its name, what does it have to do with religion? Shouldn't it be in the general forum, science forum or astrology forum?

Historic 'Star of Bethlehem' Reappears for First Time in Over 2,000 Years

Anyone see this last night? I had no idea. I'll have to make a point to look tonight.

http://conservativerefocus.com/blogs/blog5.php/2015/06/30/signs-historic-star-of-bethlehem

Yes I saw it. Smoke detector woke me up at 10:30. Went outside just in time to see it before it went down. The two planets were close, but you'd have to have pretty bad vision to think they were one bright object. Still cool to see though. Photo was taken by my cousin on the 30th.

Attachments

• two.jpg
    two.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 292
C

Chuckt

Yes I saw it. Smoke detector woke me up at 10:30. Went outside just in time to see it before it went down. The two planets were close, but you'd have to have pretty bad vision to think they were one bright object. Still cool to see though. Photo was taken by my cousin on the 30th.

Cool picture. Thank you. We didn't have clear skies so it is good to be able to see something from the event.