Kudo's to Leonardtown Commissioners Office

luvmygdaughters

After several requests to have the lawn mowed at the vacant house next door, It finally happened. Someone came out on 06/23/15 and mowed the front and back yard. Then my husband said they came back out on Tuesday of this week and cut it again. Cindy Williams was the one who was helping me with this issue and helping me get this taken care of. Very professional and courteous. Thanks Again.

dilligaf.

After several requests to have the lawn mowed at the vacant house next door, It finally happened. Someone came out on 06/23/15 and mowed the front and back yard. Then my husband said they came back out on Tuesday of this week and cut it again. Cindy Williams was the one who was helping me with this issue and helping me get this taken care of. Very professional and courteous. Thanks Again.

the county is responsible for cutting grass on private homes? Why didn't you do it yourself? Ask not what St. Marys county can do for you - ask what can you do for St. Marys county.

Freefaller

the county is responsible for cutting grass on private homes? Why didn't you do it yourself? Ask not what St. Marys county can do for you - ask what can you do for St. Marys county.

If I'm not mistaken, the county will bill the property owner and if not paid will place a lien on the house.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
the county is responsible for cutting grass on private homes? Why didn't you do it yourself? .

You missed the part about the house in question being next door (hint: not hers), vacant and completely unmaintained. Many places have specific ordinances against that kind of abandonment because it obviously taints adjacent properties, and if the local authorities have to move in and mow or clean up...they have recourse to go after the land owner for the expenses.

Chris0nllyn

You missed the part about the house in question being next door (hint: not hers), vacant and completely unmaintained. Many places have specific ordinances against that kind of abandonment because it obviously taints adjacent properties, and if the local authorities have to move in and mow or clean up...they have recourse to go after the land owner for the expenses.

I doubt it changes anything.

If it was an eyesore, mow it. I'm sure many people can't, wont', don't feel like doing that, but personally, I don't want any unwanted attention brought to my neighborhood/house.

snake

Ask not what St. Marys county can do for you - ask what can you do for St. Marys county.

Do you pay somebody to do a job and then ask them if you can do it for them? Nobody does. So why would you pay taxes and then expect the government to not do their job? I have never understood that quote. It sounds more meaningful than it really is.

luvmygdaughters

We live in the Leonardtown proper. There is an ordinance that requires homeowners to keep there grass cut. The woman who owns the home moved to South Carolina, she had the home rented for awhile but her tenants moved out in March. No one has maintained the grass, even though she was contacted by myself, the neighbor who lives on the other side of her house and the Leonardtown Commissioners office. My husbands health isn't the greatest. If I send you the address, perhaps you will come over and cut it. Are you offering?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I doubt it changes anything.

If it was an eyesore, mow it. I'm sure many people can't, wont', don't feel like doing that, but personally, I don't want any unwanted attention brought to my neighborhood/house.

I certainly "could" mow or otherwise perform maintenance on private property that isn't my own. But I'm sure as heck not trespassing and going ahead and doing it.

Chris0nllyn

I certainly "could" mow or otherwise perform maintenance on private property that isn't my own. But I'm sure as heck not trespassing and going ahead and doing it.

Tell ya what, if I live 500 miles away and haven't mowed my grass in 4 months, feel free to cut it. I won't find out.

Side note, if you have my contact info, just shoot me an e-mail saying "Hey, I cut your jungle next door to save you from getting involved with dealing with local ordinances". I'll bring ya some beer when I come back to the house.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Tell ya what, if I live 500 miles away and haven't mowed my grass in 4 months, feel free to cut it. I won't find out.

Side note, if you have my contact info, just shoot me an e-mail saying "Hey, I cut your jungle next door to save you from getting involved with dealing with local ordinances". I'll bring ya some beer when I come back to the house.

Such a deal.

But again, I'm not going to start trespassing on someone's property to tackle any of their deferred maintenance issues. And that is probably why there are ordinances in place that cover it. ;-)

luvmygdaughters

Couldn't agree more. That's why I contacted the Commissioners office. Dilligaf evidently, did not read the whole post. However, if you want to cut it, I'll gladly provide the beer. LOL. Enjoy your 4th!:buddies: