mark's automotive

basshawg95

these days its refreshing to do business with someone that backs up their work.
a couple of weeks ago, I had marks install a transmission line cooler on my jeep. worked great.
this weekend, I go to Norfolk to visit my daughter. coming home, haulin' ass on 64, the jeep starts surging. I pull over, there's tranny fluid everywhere. I spend the nite in Norfolk.
the next day, Monday, I call mark at 8:00, tell him my situation, he tells me his tow truck driver will be in touch. good ol' jeb, drives 150 miles to Williamsburg to get me, my dog and my truck and take us home.
mark calls me this morning, telling me that the hose that came with the kit, was defective. it had a 3" burst in the middle of it.
the point i'm trying to make is, he didn't hesitate to send his guy to come get me.
they do good work, and stand behind it. that says a lot for a business these days.
now all I have to do is figure out who I should file a claim with...advance auto parts or the manufacturer?

this was not a paid announcement...back to your original programming!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Where are they located ?

You wouldn't like him.
He's a a small, non-Union business who takes good care of his customers without the government telling him how run his shop.
...and he employs people and pays their salaries and generates tax revenue.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I've used him for years. I'm very satisfied with the work he does. Years ago he was on GMR then moved to his current location. Prior to that I tried Agape auto. I only made that mistake once.

File a claim for what ... You got your truck fixed

I once sued a mechanic that didnt stand by his work. I won. $90- the price of the defective part. (I was sueing for the price of the job that was well over a grand) Pure waste of time. So my guess would be he could sue the manufacturer of the part. A hose? He may win less than I did 20 years ago.

vince77

Good to hear about a stand up mechanic that did the right thing, too few stories like this. However, shouldn't a 3 inch defect in a hose have been seen by the mechanic during the install? The manufacturer/auto parts store could possibly make it right but doubt it's actionable in small claims court if not. Good luck with it.

H

Hodr

However, shouldn't a 3 inch defect in a hose have been seen by the mechanic during the install?

My thought is likely not. Those hoses are put together in multiple stages, with the vulcanized rubber (or other coating) applied last.

If there was a defect, it was probably in the wire mesh and unfortunately wouldn't be found until put under pressure.