Did you know.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
11659325_10154041146968327_4845787205620940096_n.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Did You Know Democrats were Slave Owners, responsible for the 1st Gun Laws, and Marriage Licenses ....

Amused_despair

Once we allowed the government to restrict what weapons we owned then the 2nd Amendment stopped ensuring our ability to resist the tyranny of our government.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The sad part is that many people do not know these things about our country's history.

Rise of the military/industrial complex.

Lotta war business to shut down after wwII. Need new enemies to justify keeping it going and need public support for that: enter godless heathens. So, the new propaganda campaign.

SamSpade

And, the point is.....?

To distort facts to try and make a point - to somehow connect the dots that inclusion of God and religion as part of our documents was a reaction to Communism, something we were afraid of in the 50's.

But you don't have to be a coin collector or a history buff to know that the phrase "In God We Trust" is much older than the 50's. If you do collect coins, you know it's been on our coinage for over a hundred years. (As you can see above, references are strictly to paper money). It IS part of the Star-Spangled Banner, written in 1814. "And this be our motto: In God is our Trust."

The Constitution does NOT, as originally written, include more than one reference to religion - but this is a conceit. It IS in the Bill of Rights, the original amendments to the Constitution which guarantee our rights. Guess which right is first?

When Congress established the motto of the United States as In God We Trust, there had never been an official motto. It was NOT changed. E Pluribus Unum is a motto, but for the Great Seal.

Now, I won't dispute the fact that some of these situations did in fact, occur precisely as a reaction to the rise of communism. They did. But the reason was to demonstrate a difference that had already existed for well over a hundred years. They DID add "under God" to the Pledge, as a reaction to communism - because they borrowed the phrase from the Gettysburg Address.

We were ALREADY this way.

B

barsook8

But you don't have to be a coin collector or a history buff to know that the phrase "In God We Trust" is much older than the 50's. If you do collect coins, you know it's been on our coinage for over a hundred years. (As you can see above, references are strictly to paper money).

Yup, it's been on our coins since the 1870s.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
All present and accounted for, SIR!! :salutessmartly:

:doh:

Lookit, Beavis, when I call for the patriotic REAL American's, that's your cue. Jesus, Mom, apple pie, Chevy, fireworks at the beach, all of that.

When I call for the heathens, that's supposed to be Bernie, anyone named Vlad, soccer fans, people who think sparklers are dangerous. That sort.

Pay attention.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:doh:

Lookit, Beavis, when I call for the patriotic REAL American's, that's your cue. Jesus, Mom, apple pie, Chevy, fireworks at the beach, all of that.

When I call for the heathens, that's supposed to be Bernie, anyone named Vlad, soccer fans, people who think sparklers are dangerous. That sort.

Pay attention.

Oh. Sorry. I got this.