Dogs shot & killed at Zekiah Farms

Hank

my war
Zekiah Farms, LLC

It is with great sadness and I can't articulate our grief and violation. We found Benelli and Bear today and it wasn't good news. They were shot and killed. Benelli was found in the field with the cattle. I used Remi to find Bear about 150 yards away in the woods. It is obvious the shooter knew how to shoot and was proficient with a gun. Both were shot between the neck and left shoulder and mortally wounded. They would not have been able to travel with extensive fatal injuries from the place of the shooting.

I can't tell you how my heart broke while watching my sons bury their beloved dogs.

If anyone has information, please contact myself or the police. The dogs were on the farm in the area of Bryantown Rd and Booth Place.

These were friendly and loving dogs. They play with school children and customer who come visit the farm. They are always around animals and would not hurt any. This was a mean, hateful, and senseless crime. Please help us find who would do this to loving animals.

I'd like to thank everyone who tried to help locate our dogs. Animal lovers are a great and supportive community.

11017172_777670332354480_3667202193733731136_n.jpg

Hank

my war
Contact the Charles County Sheriffs Department w/ any information that will lead to the killer.

mitzi

This is so horrible! Beautiful dogs. What is wrong with people. I'm so very sorry.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Someone came onto their property and shot their dogs? Is that right?

What the hell?

digitallest

The only helpful advice I can think of is to suggest if they have not collected the rounds, do so, and have them analyzed. Thatt will tell law enforcement what sort of gun was used, and could be used to positively ID the weapon. Otherwise, the only real hope of catching the horrible bastards will be if they blab. It is possible they could have run across a poacher, who shot them to silence them. If there is a woodline near where those beautiful dogs were shot, look for a tree stand hidden in the woods. If you find one, I hope you feck it up, and they fall and break their neck.

very sorry for the loss, and the heartbreak, people can be so horrible, I generally prefer the company of dogs.

Hank

my war
The only helpful advice I can think of is to suggest if they have not collected the rounds, do so, and have them analyzed. Thatt will tell law enforcement what sort of gun was used, and could be used to positively ID the weapon. Otherwise, the only real hope of catching the horrible bastards will be if they blab. It is possible they could have run across a poacher, who shot them to silence them. If there is a woodline near where those beautiful dogs were shot, look for a tree stand hidden in the woods. If you find one, I hope you feck it up, and they fall and break their neck.

very sorry for the loss, and the heartbreak, people can be so horrible, I generally prefer the company of dogs.

David (the owner), put a $1500 reward for info that leads to the CONVICTION of the person responsible, so let's hope someone "blabs".

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I saw this on facebook yesterday evening. Absolutely horrible! Those poor pups, pretty much executed on their own property.

luvmygdaughters

The more I read this kind of stuff...the more I prefer the company of animals to some so called humans!! Hope they catch the sob's who did this.

David (the owner), put a $1500 reward for info that leads to the CONVICTION of the person responsible, so let's hope someone "blabs".

I spoke with David last night on the phone (old friend) and gave him some advice based on the case we are going through with Morgan... our GSD was shot and killed 10/4/14, the shooter is facing 2 felonies.

Our story has been blasted over the internet, a Facebook page 'PawsforMorgan' and Fox5 did a great story, gave us the traction locally to ensure the person who did this is held accountable - our court date is August 5th and 6th.

This morning I contacted the Fox5 reporter who did our story and they assigned a reporter, hopefully they will get traction with local law enforcement.

I hope the Thorne's get their justice as well and the POS that did this gets what is coming to them.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
I spoke with David last night on the phone (old friend) and gave him some advice based on the case we are going through with Morgan... our GSD was shot and killed 10/4/14, the shooter is facing 2 felonies.

Our story has been blasted over the internet, a Facebook page 'PawsforMorgan' and Fox5 did a great story, gave us the traction locally to ensure the person who did this is held accountable - our court date is August 5th and 6th.

This morning I contacted the Fox5 reporter who did our story and they assigned a reporter, hopefully they will get traction with local law enforcement.

I hope the Thorne's get their justice as well and the POS that did this gets what is coming to them.

good news on your issue and hopefully will help with this incident. SOME People just sux !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Oh wow, very sorry to hear this... I've known the owners for many years and know how important all their dogs are to them.