Myra's new orleans style food & snowballs

BOP

It was on a food truck at that Italian place that keeps burning down, over across from Lusby Town Center, I think it is. Anyone got a clue?

frequentflier

happy to be living
It was on a food truck at that Italian place that keeps burning down, over across from Lusby Town Center, I think it is. Anyone got a clue?

Myra and her husband are decent, hard working people that make great food. She may have retired from her job because I know the truck is in that location a lot.
They vend at the event I help run at the Tiki Bar every year and they are good people. Try their food- I have never heard any complaints :yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA

We can have some of the food we grew up on! That is awesome! I will have to get down to Lusby! I don't go there very often. Thanks for the info, sha! :smile:

BOP

Myra and her husband are decent, hard working people that make great food. She may have retired from her job because I know the truck is in that location a lot.
They vend at the event I help run at the Tiki Bar every year and they are good people. Try their food- I have never heard any complaints :yay:

:yay:

BOP

We can have some of the food we grew up on! That is awesome! I will have to get down to Lusby! I don't go there very often. Thanks for the info, sha! :smile:

I'll tell you what I find on her hours and days so you don't waste a trip.

Roman

I saw the truck on my way out today, and can't wait to try it. I've never had New Orleans style food. Anything I should know about?

Hank

my war

She is a Sweetheart! :yay:

dog lover

When the lady made the snowballs they tasted great. Tried twice this week with 2 different flavors and both were watered down like Bishop's stand use to make.

RPMDAD

food looks good will def. have to try it out. thanks for posting the video littlelady

Roman

When the lady made the snowballs they tasted great. Tried twice this week with 2 different flavors and both were watered down like Bishop's stand use to make.
The last couple of years that Mrs. Bishop was open, she was getting tired. After all, that stand has been open since the 50"s.

BOP

Truck wasn't there when I went by this afternoon. Try again some other time.

molly_21

I went there on Thursday evening. They do events (concerts, etc). They said they had an event today and had to prep for it, so they needed Friday evening off. I liked what I got there Thursday. The catfish was good and so was the fried okra and I don't even like okra.

dilligaf.

$4 for a cup of frozen water is ridiculous. Then they add the syrup (which is not refrigerated) so when they put the hot syrup on it, it melts the snowball into a mess. Bishops was the same way. Never again.

BOP

I brought home a shrimp Po' Boy tonight and an order of onion rings...they were out of okra. Judging by the onion rings, I'm glad I didn't have the okra. I got them home and they were a mushy mess...I swear, the oil in the bottom of the foil was a quarter of an inch deep. I dried them real good, and tried a small bite. It tasted about what it looked like: mush.

The Po' Boy, on the other hand, was delicious. Best one I've had since last time I was in New Orleans. Spiced just right and cooked just right. I'd definitely have another one. Just not the onion rings.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I saw the truck on my way out today, and can't wait to try it. I've never had New Orleans style food. Anything I should know about?

Cajun food will set you free if you're not used to the kind of spicy that sneaks up on you. By that, I mean, there's no cayenne peppery taste when you first take a bite, then your tongue/mouth starts burning etc.. That tends to put people off Cajun and similar cooking styles. I love it! :drool: