Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So...what are you reading lately?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    All I'm reading right now are RV living books, but last week I read Freakonomics, and before that I was sucked into the Rona Jaffe books. And I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and a couple chick books by Jen Lancaster.

I read a lot.
    Anything good in the RV books?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't make me leave a hand print
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I read Perino's "And the good news is"
    Ooh! I want to get that book!! is it any good?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    Ooh! I want to get that book!! is it any good?
    Yea it's not bad

Quote Originally Posted by JeJeTe View Post
    I'm curious as to if anyone has found some good titles they want to recommend.

If you like historical fiction, Brock and Bodie Thoene (husband and wife) write some great books. Most of their books are in series. The one I liked the best is the series called The Zion Covenant. I think there are eight or nine books in the series. It's all about the years leading up to WWII.

American colossus

HW Brands

If you like illusions about Amerie don't bother. If you want to understand us better, indespensible reading.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_bee View Post
    On my vaca last week I read:

Girls in White Dresses - Jennifer Close
    Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier (same author of Girl with the Pearl Earring...actually anything by her!!)
    The Crossfire Series - Sylvia Day (think 50 Shades but more intense and actually well written)
    The Hurricane Sisters & Folly Beach - both by Dorothy Benton Frank (excellent beach reads, all her books take place in South Carolina/Low Country/Charleston, center around strong females and family, etc. I'm obsessed with SC after vacationing there once. I wanna be a southern belle. I plan on picking up more from her)

Earlier this summer I picked up Dark Places and Sharp Objects, both by Gillian Flynn who wrote Gone Girl. Her books are obsessive. Plus they made a movie out of Dark Places that will be out soon/2016.

I read Dark Places and liked it but I haven't read Sharp Objects. I've read the Crossfire series and Girls in White Dresses also. I just got done with Paper Towns by John Green and wasn't a fan at all. Remarkable Creaturs and the beach series sound good. I might give them a try. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    All I'm reading right now are RV living books, but last week I read Freakonomics, and before that I was sucked into the Rona Jaffe books. And I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and a couple chick books by Jen Lancaster.

I read a lot.
    Jen Lancaster is one of my all time favorites. I don't know if I've ever laughed at a book like I do at hers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I have this vision of a world where everyone was armed with a Tazer and everywhere was a free fire zone; someone pisses you off, ZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTT!!! Someone over, or under reacts, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! Cart in the way? Talking on the phone too much? BO, poor dress,

ZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read Dark Places and liked it but I haven't read Sharp Objects. I've read the Crossfire series and Girls in White Dresses also. I just got done with Paper Towns by John Green and wasn't a fan at all. Remarkable Creaturs and the beach series sound good. I might give them a try. Thanks!!
    ah. good thing you mentioned Paper Towns. I was mulling over that one but I think I'll go ahead and skip it. But I strongly suggest Tracy Chevalier if you like fiction with a little history. Never been disappointed in any of her books

Jen Lancaster is one of my all time favorites. I don't know if I've ever laughed at a book like I do at hers.
    That's it...heading to the library this weekend. She sounds like just my kind of author
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky_bee View Post
    That's it...heading to the library this weekend. She sounds like just my kind of author
    She's hilarious! I've read Bitter is the New Black and Such a Pretty Fat. Both are very good.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    I just started Blind Man's Bluff about US submarine service beginning after WWII.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Members who have read this thread: 21