Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So...what are you reading lately?

Just finished up a book on Lincoln's early years, from birth through 1848. And a fascinating book on Teddy Roosevelt "Colonel Roosevelt", just before that one. Now reading this: Illustrated Gettysburg Reader

https://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-G.../dp/1621570436
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Martin Luther: Renegade and Prophet. It's a good history of Luther and what Saxon Germany was like at the time of the Reformation.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    I just finished re-reading Kitty Kelley's bio of President Oprah. Now I'm re-reading Hollywood Wives by Jackie Collins - another oldie. Once I've consumed enough junk I'll move on to something more substantial.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Just started a new one, "The Darkness Beneath" murder mystery, pretty good so far. My daughter started a book club in her neighborhood, I'll get some titles from her and share.

Blog Entries
    Policing Saigon by Loren Christensen. Well written stories. If you served you will relate to many of the examples he gives about fellow service members, high ranks, local nationals, etc.

Not that I doubted any of his stories but I did some additional research on a few of his tales.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    I do this #### all day long, deal with freaks and wackjobs - BM

Veterans before illegals

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    The Shweinfurt Raid in WWII and what a complete disaster it was for the US Army Air Force. Although the mission was considered a success, the terrible loss of men (600 were lost in those few hours), and 60 bombers lost, for a mission deemed successful, was a cluster screw up from the start, and still haunts the Army.
    Last edited by b23hqb; 05-23-2018 at 08:23 AM.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Members who have read this thread: 26