So...what are you reading lately?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm curious as to if anyone has found some good titles they want to recommend.

:smile:

On my vaca last week I read:

Girls in White Dresses - Jennifer Close
Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier (same author of Girl with the Pearl Earring...actually anything by her!!)
The Crossfire Series - Sylvia Day (think 50 Shades but more intense :really: and actually well written)
The Hurricane Sisters & Folly Beach - both by Dorothy Benton Frank (excellent beach reads, all her books take place in South Carolina/Low Country/Charleston, center around strong females and family, etc. I'm obsessed with SC after vacationing there once. I wanna be a southern belle. I plan on picking up more from her)

Earlier this summer I picked up Dark Places and Sharp Objects, both by Gillian Flynn who wrote Gone Girl. Her books are obsessive. Plus they made a movie out of Dark Places that will be out soon/2016.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All I'm reading right now are RV living books, but last week I read Freakonomics, and before that I was sucked into the Rona Jaffe books. And I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and a couple chick books by Jen Lancaster.

I read a lot.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I just finished reading SuperFreakanomics by Dubner & Levitt. If you like interesting observations that are fact driven then this is the book for you. It's an easy read.

Pete

Repete
All I'm reading right now are RV living books, but last week I read Freakonomics, and before that I was sucked into the Rona Jaffe books. And I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and a couple chick books by Jen Lancaster.

I read a lot.

Anything good in the RV books?

Bobwhite

I'm curious as to if anyone has found some good titles they want to recommend.

:smile:

If you like historical fiction, Brock and Bodie Thoene (husband and wife) write some great books. Most of their books are in series. The one I liked the best is the series called The Zion Covenant. I think there are eight or nine books in the series. It's all about the years leading up to WWII.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
American colossus

HW Brands

If you like illusions about Amerie don't bother. If you want to understand us better, indespensible reading.

JeJeTe

Happiness
On my vaca last week I read:

Girls in White Dresses - Jennifer Close
Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier (same author of Girl with the Pearl Earring...actually anything by her!!)
The Crossfire Series - Sylvia Day (think 50 Shades but more intense :really: and actually well written)
The Hurricane Sisters & Folly Beach - both by Dorothy Benton Frank (excellent beach reads, all her books take place in South Carolina/Low Country/Charleston, center around strong females and family, etc. I'm obsessed with SC after vacationing there once. I wanna be a southern belle. I plan on picking up more from her)

Earlier this summer I picked up Dark Places and Sharp Objects, both by Gillian Flynn who wrote Gone Girl. Her books are obsessive. Plus they made a movie out of Dark Places that will be out soon/2016.

I read Dark Places and liked it but I haven't read Sharp Objects. I've read the Crossfire series and Girls in White Dresses also. I just got done with Paper Towns by John Green and wasn't a fan at all. Remarkable Creaturs and the beach series sound good. I might give them a try. Thanks!!

I read a lot.

Jen Lancaster is one of my all time favorites. I don't know if I've ever laughed at a book like I do at hers.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I read Dark Places and liked it but I haven't read Sharp Objects. I've read the Crossfire series and Girls in White Dresses also. I just got done with Paper Towns by John Green and wasn't a fan at all. Remarkable Creaturs and the beach series sound good. I might give them a try. Thanks!!

ah. good thing you mentioned Paper Towns. I was mulling over that one but I think I'll go ahead and skip it. But I strongly suggest Tracy Chevalier if you like fiction with a little history. Never been disappointed in any of her books :yay:

Jen Lancaster is one of my all time favorites. I don't know if I've ever laughed at a book like I do at hers.

That's it...heading to the library this weekend. She sounds like just my kind of author :lol:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I just started Blind Man's Bluff about US submarine service beginning after WWII.