White Supremacy...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...is the issue, here.

What is it?

To some, it is the belief that whites are genetically superior and that blacks simply can not be our equals.

To others, it is the belief that white culture is superior. That blacks can certainly be as smart, or smarter, or of as good, or better, character, as good, or better people and that white history has simply lead to a more desirable culture, lifestyle, governing system, economy and so forth than what blacks, or anyone else, was going to do. Part of that is accepting, comfortably, that a black person can readily be the best man, or woman, you've ever known. Or your President, sergeant, General, CEO, cop, doctor, lawyer, judge, you name it.

I've lived enough life and read enough, been taught and learned enough and met enough people over the years to know that the first is simply incorrect. It's important to think of us a ONE race with numerous breeds and that while some generalizations can be made, some characteristics can be said to be better, or worse, all over this planet, all our differing breeds, there are FAR too many better men than me, better brains, better bodies, better natures, that have black skin for me to believe, at all, that I am superior because I am white.

We can have much conversation about the latter, the cultural argument and that's a good one to have. Critical, even. I think that some people who have a problem with the former in relations to the battle flag coming down certainly exist. I think a lot more are of the latter and simply fear that there is good being thrown out with it. That said, if you can put yourselves in the shoes of a black man, it should not be hard to see that, yeah, valor, fighting for your state, your people, your kin against what you saw as oppression, there's honor there but there still is, at it's core, white racial supremacy.

So, that's what this thread is about, resolving white supremacy, because white people have reached a point where even in the cradle of secession, South Carolina, we seem to get it and are coming to terms with it. However, that said, as genetic white supremacy fades into history, fully, there are many parts of white cultural supremacy that best not be lost in this, not least of which are the founding documents and ideas that, however long it has taken, have lead to us all standing under the banner that says 'We are all created equally';

...The Stars and Stripes.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I see the conflict being more cultural than racial. It's absurd to classify all the people on earth into 4-6 categories.

Cultures can include people of different races. And what happens is that we attach stereotypes to a cultural phenomenon that 1 race appears dominant. For argument sake take a skill such as math. We can agree that all the races have people that excel in math. We also know that every race has folks that struggle to do simple arithmetic. But shared opinion would be that the Asian race contain the most folks that are good in math.

This same concept can be applied to things such as driving, playing basketball, working hard, solving word problems, dressing nice, etc. Some people of each race will be represented in a group that does these things but it may be that 1 race is disproportionately associated with this behavior.

At the end of the day I think people like to congregate with people that have similar interests and value systems. Take church for example. In the US there are plenty of churches to choose from. In many cases people self segregate when it comes to attending churches. Drive around Maryland and you can see church signs in Spanish & Korean. While all churches welcome people of all different stripes, Sunday in the US is commonly referred to as the most segregated day in America. There is a comfort in being around people that are similar to yourself.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I

This same concept can be applied to things such as driving, playing basketball, working hard, solving word problems, dressing nice, etc. Some people of each race will be represented in a group that does these things but it may be that 1 race is disproportionately associated with this behavior. f.

Right, however, we're talking about slavery here and it's legacy. I do see 'racial' segregation, by choice, as rather normal and natural. But, again, I intentionally try and think of it as 'breed' segregation. Maybe when we're all mutts, this will all be behind us?

Hijinx

Right, however, we're talking about slavery here and it's legacy. I do see 'racial' segregation, by choice, as rather normal and natural. But, again, I intentionally try and think of it as 'breed' segregation. Maybe when we're all mutts, this will all be behind us?

Isn't the past week or so of this Bullsheit enough?

By now we all have been called names and our opinions have been debated over and over and it has solved nothing. Do we really need another thread to cause more animosity?

PJay

By now we all have been called names and our opinions have been debated over and over and it has solved nothing. Do we really need another thread to cause more animosity?

Right. He just likes watching Vrai explode on people with a different opinion than hers. Keeps her from whipping him.

But, I will say...Larry and Monello are gentlemen..better to have a conversation with them because they will not threaten you or wish death upon you.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

That is precisely why I started this; we've been arguing over symbols like THEY are the issue. Same thing we do with guns; debating objects. This is about ideas and, in my view, by discussing the ideas behind the flag, especially, white supremacy, we then can put the issue to rest and know what we're doing, and why, with statues, names and other symbols.

We tried to wrap all the worlds evil up into Hitler and the Swastika and succeed in deluding ourselves that ALL the evil was OVER there with THAT guy and THOSE people who we are NOTHING like. So, evil goes on because we'd rather pretend. White supremacy is the undercurrent here and I think it worth addressing. I used to think white's genetically superior and have long since learned how silly that is. I can see now how that has colored, no pun, our culture in ways I could not see before including how I used to look at the flag; a symbol of valor and states rights and Southern Charm and goodness. Well, it all rested on slavery. All of it. White supremacy.

We do the same thing now under the stars and stripes be it gun laws, how we treat education and the soft racism of lowered expectations. It's the same poison and there are those who rightly want the flag down but are wrongly missing that the only people's whose #### stinks is those who saw any good in the thing. We're now moving on to pretending we've addressed it and it's done.

White supremacy is the underlying core issue and it was not, is not, just Southern rebels.

:buddies:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
white supremacy is pervasive!

The Discovery Channell programming guide is running program after program about Great Whites.

Not a single episode on Great Blacks.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Right. He just likes watching Vrai explode on people with a different opinion than hers. Keeps her from whipping him. .

Well, thanks for the gentleman compliment but I don't know that I deserve it. As for Vrai exploding, I'm not provoking that nor interested in it. Whether she does or does not, it has nothing to do with me getting whipped or not. :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
white supremacy is pervasive!

The Discovery Channell programming guide is running program after program about Great Whites.

Not a single episode on Great Blacks.

Walter Williams, Thomas, Booker T, Fred Douglas, plenty of them.

Then, they can do a special on the Al Sharpton's of the world and have a different take.

Hijinx

That is precisely why I started this; we've been arguing over symbols like THEY are the issue. Same thing we do with guns; debating objects. This is about ideas and, in my view, by discussing the ideas behind the flag, especially, white supremacy, we then can put the issue to rest and know what we're doing, and why, with statues, names and other symbols.

We tried to wrap all the worlds evil up into Hitler and the Swastika and succeed in deluding ourselves that ALL the evil was OVER there with THAT guy and THOSE people who we are NOTHING like. So, evil goes on because we'd rather pretend. White supremacy is the undercurrent here and I think it worth addressing. I used to think white's genetically superior and have long since learned how silly that is. I can see now how that has colored, no pun, our culture in ways I could not see before including how I used to look at the flag; a symbol of valor and states rights and Southern Charm and goodness. Well, it all rested on slavery. All of it. White supremacy.

We do the same thing now under the stars and stripes be it gun laws, how we treat education and the soft racism of lowered expectations. It's the same poison and there are those who rightly want the flag down but are wrongly missing that the only people's whose #### stinks is those who saw any good in the thing. We're now moving on to pretending we've addressed it and it's done.

White supremacy is the underlying core issue and it was not, is not, just Southern rebels.

:buddies:

by discussing the ideas behind the flag, especially, white supremacy,

You see right there you start the conversation with your opinion that the flag is about White Supremacy.

I will say it isn't and we all just repeat the same Bullsheit we have repeated in the other threads. Soon the name calling starts , the accusations of idiocy, and it all is just the same thing repeated ad infinitum.

Just another thread we can do without IMO. Haven't we had enough of this for a while??

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You see right there you start the conversation with your opinion that the flag is about White Supremacy.

I will say it isn't and we all just repeat the same Bullsheit we have repeated in the other threads. Soon the name calling starts , the accusations of idiocy, and it all is just the same thing repeated ad infinitum.

Just another thread we can do without IMO. Haven't we had enough of this for a while??

You don't have to participate. :buddies:

BigBlue

...is the issue, here.

What is it?

To some, it is the belief that whites are genetically superior and that blacks simply can not be our equals.

To others, it is the belief that white culture is superior. That blacks can certainly be as smart, or smarter, or of as good, or better, character, as good, or better people and that white history has simply lead to a more desirable culture, lifestyle, governing system, economy and so forth than what blacks, or anyone else, was going to do. Part of that is accepting, comfortably, that a black person can readily be the best man, or woman, you've ever known. Or your President, sergeant, General, CEO, cop, doctor, lawyer, judge, you name it.

I've lived enough life and read enough, been taught and learned enough and met enough people over the years to know that the first is simply incorrect. It's important to think of us a ONE race with numerous breeds and that while some generalizations can be made, some characteristics can be said to be better, or worse, all over this planet, all our differing breeds, there are FAR too many better men than me, better brains, better bodies, better natures, that have black skin for me to believe, at all, that I am superior because I am white.

We can have much conversation about the latter, the cultural argument and that's a good one to have. Critical, even. I think that some people who have a problem with the former in relations to the battle flag coming down certainly exist. I think a lot more are of the latter and simply fear that there is good being thrown out with it. That said, if you can put yourselves in the shoes of a black man, it should not be hard to see that, yeah, valor, fighting for your state, your people, your kin against what you saw as oppression, there's honor there but there still is, at it's core, white racial supremacy.

So, that's what this thread is about, resolving white supremacy, because white people have reached a point where even in the cradle of secession, South Carolina, we seem to get it and are coming to terms with it. However, that said, as genetic white supremacy fades into history, fully, there are many parts of white cultural supremacy that best not be lost in this, not least of which are the founding documents and ideas that, however long it has taken, have lead to us all standing under the banner that says 'We are all created equally';

...The Stars and Stripes.

FFS Larry!!! You need to get a hobby away from the computer ,you're posting just to hear yourself ,stop,please.Go play golf.:whistle:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
FFS Larry!!! You need to get a hobby away from the computer ,you're posting just to hear yourself ,stop,please.Go play golf.:whistle:

You don't have to participate either. There's lot's of other people for you to go stalk. A whole internet full of 'em! You might even find someone who likes it and appreciates your insights. :buddies:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Walter Williams, Thomas, Booker T, Fred Douglas, plenty of them.

Then, they can do a special on the Al Sharpton's of the world and have a different take.

Not going to happen!

They're focused more on Great White Serial Killers right now.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not going to happen!

They're focused more on Great White Serial Killers right now.

It's happening right here. Right now. What 'they' wanna focus on doesn't stop me or us. I think coming to grips with white supremacy, seizing the initiative, instead of endlessly back tracking and reacting, is the way to resolve THE great event of the nations history. It can't be if left to one side or the other. It's our national story. All of us. :buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Right. He just likes watching Vrai explode on people with a different opinion than hers. Keeps her from whipping him.

But, I will say...Larry and Monello are gentlemen..better to have a conversation with them because they will not threaten you or wish death upon you.

Poor you.