Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Aim high

terms.jpg

b23hqb

PREMO Member
:lmao:

So right. Where do you build an AF base? Spot a nice golf course and build a landing strip next to it.

glhs837

Power with Control
the running joke when I was in was that the Navy would build an airfield, then use whatever was left to build barracks and other facilities. Whereas the A/F would build all the cool apartments and yoga facilities, then run back to Congress saying they needed more money for a runway, no point in a base with no runway, right? Of course, when transiting or deploying, you always wanted to get to an A/F base, because even though they would give us squids the worst billeting they had, it was always better than our stuff.

glhs837

Power with Control
And they always had great clubs. Quiet though, weird to see 300 people in a club and the noise level was less than a middle school class....... til the sailors showed up anyway :)

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Yup, AF is the country club of services, that's why I did 22yrs of it. Never deployed to the sand, traveled the world aboard the most powerful aircraft in the world, stayed in 4-5 star hotels and partied like a rock star. I do however respect all military services and think every kid should do a minimum of 4 yrs service to their country. :patriot:

I did get stationed at a Navy base for 2 years and the facilities were pretty bad. Even the Navy people were jealous of what we had.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Yup, AF is the country club of services, that's why I did 22yrs of it. Never deployed to the sand, traveled the world aboard the most powerful aircraft in the world, stayed in 4-5 star hotels and partied like a rock star. I do however respect all military services and think every kid should do a minimum of 4 yrs service to their country. :patriot:

I did get stationed at a Navy base for 2 years and the facilities were pretty bad. Even the Navy people were jealous of what we had.

Fortunately, that is changing. With so many of the bases, especially AF, switching to Joint Bases, they now have to watch other services enjoy the bennies as well.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
my 4 yrs in the Army were not to bad ...
Ft Benning I avoided the WW II barracks of Harmony Church bunking at the Sand {Hilton} Hill Barracks
Ft Carson was decent
my yr in Korea was great, new Air Condition Barracks ... our 3rd AT Platoon was still sleeping on Quonset Huts :killingme