No more whole milk for you...

lucky_bee

RBF expert
:doh:

this #### really pisses me off. sure, cutting back on the fried food and increasing vegetables is a great idea but please leave the whole milk alone. we're talking about military personnel, the majority of which are constantly training, gaining muscle, and burning calories at a rapid rate. Whole milk is not going to hurt them, in fact they need that 'good fat'. Basic nutrition that even I can handle. Especially with all those men. who seriously still drinks skim.

Whole milk is not going to hurt them, in fact they need that 'good fat'. Basic nutrition that even I can handle. Especially with all those men. who seriously still drinks skim.

I saw something recently about removing the fat from milk, that without the natural fat the milk becomes more difficult for the body to process and actually makes the milk worse for you.

PJay

I saw something recently about removing the fat from milk, that without the natural fat the milk becomes more difficult for the body to process and actually makes the milk worse for you.

Yes. Was trying to remember where I read or heard that.

PJay

don't they already have Fit Reps and everything that they have to pass? Aren't they obligated to meet a standard of health as it is? :confused: I'm not being a smartass...

I know you're not. Nothing makes sense to me anymore...just along for the ride....

Peepaw95

I would think if they can do this to the military, they should also do it to the people on food stamps. Ration out the 3 groups like they are doing to people who are actually doing something to earn their meals.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.thedailymeal.com/why-you-should-stop-drinking-milk-right-now/013014

We seem to be the only species of mammals that drink milk after infancy, and definitely the only species that drinks another species' milk. Cow's milk is not designed for human consumption. Calves are about 100 pounds at birth and almost 8 to 10 times heavier by the time they are weaned. So why is it that humans feel the need to continue drinking milk after they are weaned from breast milk? Human milk is very different in composition from cow's milk or goat's milk or any other mammal's milk.

:elaine:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Cats don't seem to mind drinking it no matter what uncomfortable side effects occur.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would think if they can do this to the military, they should also do it to the people on food stamps. Ration out the 3 groups like they are doing to people who are actually doing something to earn their meals.

Now THIS is something worth bitching about.

You all know that I'm perfectly okay with school kids only having healthy choices with regard to their school lunch program. If they want something different, they can pack a lunch from home.

I'm also okay with having certain dietary requirements in military mess halls. Why would we feed our defense force junk food? They should be eating for optimal nutrition. Junk food is what CARE packages are for.

But when welfare recipients can use our tax dollars to buy Twinkies, Doritos, and hotdogs, that's bull####. The only thing I can think is that our government wants to keep these people fat, dumb, and happy so they'll keep quiet. Personally, I think they should consider a different approach.