Manatee sighted in St Georges Creek in Piney Point MD.

JOKER

Great Mills Rd
Manatee sighted in St Georges Creek in Piney Point Md. Manatee2.jpg
Picture taken by Bryan Swann
News says Charles County, but as usual they are wrong.

http://wtop.com/charles-county/2015/07/manatee-spotted-in-marylands-chesapeake-bay/slide/1/

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Look out Gilligan!!!! Bigblue is trying to sneak up on you!!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Channel 4 reported it was sighted near or in Waldorf. :lmao:

Gawd. That's sad.

I live on St. George's Creek too..as soon as Bryan posted the first pic on FB we went out on the end of my pier to see if the cow was going to show up Ball Point cove. That's where a lot of the best grass is. Never saw the cow though.

mitzi

Gawd. That's sad.

I live on St. George's Creek too..as soon as Bryan posted the first pic on FB we went out on the end of my pier to see if the cow was going to show up Ball Point cove. That's where a lot of the best grass is. Never saw the cow though.

That would be so cool to see. I'm on dolphin watch and have yet to see any.

Gawd. That's sad.

:jet: I'm friends with Bryan on FB too. We have a mutual friend. :dance:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm on dolphin watch and have yet to see any.

We've had entire pods of dolphins visit the same creek on occasion. In one instance, we rough-counted over 100 of them, moving in formation up the creek toward the eel plant. Figured they must have corralled a school of fish. Many's the time we see a smaller group of them in the creek.

bilbur

Can you believe that the manatees are what sailors used to think were sexy mermaids? I guess they liked their women thick with gray skin back then.

mitzi

We've had entire pods of dolphins visit the same creek on occasion. In one instance, we rough-counted over 100 of them, moving in formation up the creek toward the eel plant. Figured they must have corralled a school of fish. Many's the time we see a smaller group of them in the creek.

Oh the benefits of living right on the water. Always been my dream but don't see it ever happening. I've always been close though (within a mile or so).