CPR at Walmart intersection

inkah

This evening about 5:00ish. Female cop had a man in the median in front of the realtor's office by walmart performing CPR just before ambulance arrived. Pretty intense scene for my son as he yelled, "no, no, no, no!" as we passed. I passed along a prayer, but didnt think it looked good. I was hoping to find a story to learn how it turned out...

In any case we wish him and his family peace.

Lilypad

Thank you for sharing...I encourage everyone who is able to learn CPR; you can make a difference. Hoping for the best.

rdytogo

I passed this the other day as well. I hope the person was ok. It got me thinking though. What a tough job our cops and ems workers have. The cops in particular. They rarely deal with people in their best moments. It puts it a little bit in perspective for me. Handle a call like this and then you have some idiot putting a camera in your face just because they can, well I guess it could have an effect on even the most good natured person.

frogman123

I passed this the other day as well. I hope the person was ok. It got me thinking though. What a tough job our cops and ems workers have. The cops in particular. They rarely deal with people in their best moments. It puts it a little bit in perspective for me. Handle a call like this and then you have some idiot putting a camera in your face just because they can, well I guess it could have an effect on even the most good natured person.

I agree they have incredibly tough jobs. But on the other hand, I don't think most people who film police encounters are "idiots". Sometimes citizens take it too far and challenge police, which is flat out wrong, but there is nothing wrong with capturing everything on camera to protect yourself and the officer.

rdytogo

I agree they have incredibly tough jobs. But on the other hand, I don't think most people who film police encounters are "idiots". Sometimes citizens take it too far and challenge police, which is flat out wrong, but there is nothing wrong with capturing everything on camera to protect yourself and the officer.

I didn't express myself well there. I don't think everyone who tape records a cop is an idiot. More in line with what you said, there are people who are intentionally trying to piss the cop off by recording just because they can. Recording shouldn't be an issue with a cop, but there are people who take it too far.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Was this 5 in the morning or pm, which Walmart (dunkirk or PF). Sorry I wake up that early...

I frequent Walmart often.

Rt. 235 at Town Creek, 5:40 last night. I passed by just as the cop was getting there, but I was in the right lane and couldn't get over to help. With traffic I couldn't have gotten back before the ambulance arrived. I don't know if starting CPR 60 seconds sooner would have helped, but I wish I could have tried at least.

inkah

Rt. 235 at Town Creek, 5:40 last night. I passed by just as the cop was getting there, but I was in the right lane and couldn't get over to help. With traffic I couldn't have gotten back before the ambulance arrived. I don't know if starting CPR 60 seconds sooner would have helped, but I wish I could have tried at least.

It looked like maybe he had a heart attack and bumped into the curb. In my calculations (which really mean nothing), I admit, I assumed that from the time he had a heart attack, hit the curb, someone realized what happened, dragged him out and the cop arrived - it may have been too late. I hate typing that out loud and hope it isn't true, but I don't know. Still no news that I've seen.... :(

inkah

I have a kiddo that does this stuff day in and day out - you better believe I fell in love with her all over again after seeing that.

MMDad

Lem Putt
It looked like maybe he had a heart attack and bumped into the curb. In my calculations (which really mean nothing), I admit, I assumed that from the time he had a heart attack, hit the curb, someone realized what happened, dragged him out and the cop arrived - it may have been too late. I hate typing that out loud and hope it isn't true, but I don't know. Still no news that I've seen.... :(

I had the scanner on and heard the FD tell the medic that the AED had shocked him and they were continuing CPR. That means the heart was still alive but the shock did not get it going again. I didn't hear anything after that, so no idea what the outcome was.

There was a guy standing next to the car and flagged down the cop while the guy was still in the car. He didn't get the guy out of the car before the cop got turned around, and I'm assuming she was the one that took him out and started CPR. That's why I wish I had been able to stop - maybe I could have gotten him out and started CPR a minute sooner.