Crazy Neighbors and the Confederate Flag

steppinthrax

So I drive down Mt. Harmony road on my way home. One of the houses along the road just hung a Confederate flag on the left side of his garage along with a small Ireland flag on the right.

Although I don't really agree with the confederate flag, that's his property and his right.

However, he recently hung an American Flag on the front of his garage door UPSIDE DOWN. Now, he's just ####ing crazy in my book!!!!

So just to recap this guy has 3 flags on the front of his 8' garage. Huge confederate flag on the left, Upside down American Flag center, and small Ireland flag right.

IDK, isn't there some rule on how you display the American flag?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Hanging the US flag upside down is a sign of distress. And using that knowledge, many people, whether you agree with them or not, will hang their US flag upside down to protest issues with the government.

steppinthrax

Hanging the US flag upside down is a sign of distress. And using that knowledge, many people, whether you agree with them or not, will hang their US flag upside down to protest issues with the government.

Hanging the US flag upside down is a sign of ACTUAL distress. Not political... (Example)

1. Invasion of the US from a foreign entity
2. Zombification
3. Biological Contaminate
4. Pretty much hell breaking lose.

Not because you don't agree with something or the way things are right now???

steppinthrax

If you only saw one CSA flag on Mt. Harmony you weren't looking hard enough.

LOL,

I was jogging along the NB/CB intersection (where the memorial is) and saw a old 80's F150 heading towards NB with two huge pole mounted CSA flags on his rear trunk bed. With yellow tassels and everything.

snake

IDK, isn't there some rule on how you display the American flag?

It's called the Flag Code, which is a set of official federal laws that are never enforced but in military. Technically speaking, people are breaking the law constantly with miniature flags, flags on shirts/cups/etc, hanging flags wrong, putting them up/down wrong, disposing of them wrong, and on and on.

When he hangs the Nazi flag............... worry.

People have the right to on their property to display any flags they want, as long as they are not breaking any other laws. It's freedom of speech (from government intervention) and the government has no recourse to force them to remove it.

bilbur

When he hangs the Nazi flag............... worry.

When I was a kid my parents made a wrong turn down a back road in Mechanicsville and at the end of the dead-end road there was a Nazi flag, a confederate flag, and a flag for the Arian nation. I had two firsts that day, the first time I saw these flags displayed and the first time I was in the car when my dad spun tires and fishtailed.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Hanging the US flag upside down is a sign of ACTUAL distress. Not political... (Example)

1. Invasion of the US from a foreign entity
2. Zombification
3. Biological Contaminate
4. Pretty much hell breaking lose.

Not because you don't agree with something or the way things are right now???

:yep: and most veterans i know take great offense at people hanging the falg upside down because they arent getting their way on some political issue.

And now the neighbors can judge him accordingly.

as well they should

It will be fun to here them bitching like that guy in florida when someone defaces or steals it

steppinthrax

When I was a kid my parents mad a wrong turn down a back road in Mechanicsville and at the end of the dead-end road there was a Nazi flag, a confederate flag, and a flag for the Arian nation. I had two firsts that day, the first time I saw these flags displayed and the first time I was in the car when my dad spun tires and fishtailed.

Crazy thing is that I buy a lot of things off craigslist. I"m not white, sometimes I'm in the sticks or mechanicsville, etc... It would be something else if I went to someone's house and they had that setup and I was knocking on their door.....

Tech

When I was a kid my parents made a wrong turn down a back road in Mechanicsville and at the end of the dead-end road there was a Nazi flag, a confederate flag, and a flag for the Arian nation. I had two firsts that day, the first time I saw these flags displayed and the first time I was in the car when my dad spun tires and fishtailed.

Cheap alarm system.