Best Crabcakes

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Where are the best crabcakes in St.. Mary's or southern Calvert?

Parents are in town and they want crabcakes.
Thanks.

RPMDAD

I second Jerry's. However a little closer to you Stoneys Solomons pier. I know Stoneys makes a pretty good crab cake, and Solomons is beautiful.

Bobwhite

Where are the best crabcakes in St.. Mary's or southern Calvert?

Parents are in town and they want crabcakes.
Thanks.

Any seafood lover I have talked to around here can't say enough about Jerry's.

If you want to try someplace new, Avenue 54 just opened in Wildewood and they have crab cakes on their menu.

Roman

Stoney's use to have the best crab cakes, but as of about a year ago, they seem to be processed, with more fillers than meat. It would be worth the drive for you to go to Jerry's in Prince Frederick.

snuzzy

Have a good time DoWhat.

Since this tread is still receiving views, anyone have a favorite recipe they'd like to share? Thanks.

For crabcakes, I assume? I use the recipe right off the can of Old Bay, delicious! I usually fry, but broiled is good too and a little healthier...

RPMDAD

And here is The Old Bay Recipe

Ingredients

2 slices dried bread, crusts removed

Small amount of milk

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 tablespoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes

1 teaspoon Old Bay® Seasoning

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 egg beaten

1 pound lump crabmeat

Directions

Break bread into small pieces in large bowl. Moisten with milk. Add mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Shape into 4 patties.

Refrigerate patties 30 minutes to help keep them together when cooking.

Broil or fry until golden-brown on both sides.

http://www.oldbay.com/Recipes/Crab/Main-Course/Classic-OLD-BAY-Crab-Cakes

BigBlue

Stoney's still the best in Calvert at least at the Brooms Island location and Capt Johns in Charles county.

RPMDAD

Stoney's still the best in Calvert at least at the Brooms Island location and Capt Johns in Charles county.

Stoneys was my second pick however i have not eaten at Stoneys Solomons, always go to Broomes Island, but haven't been there in a while though.