THings are gerring way out of hand.

bilbur

There is an article on MSN that is saying they want a t-shirt removed because it has the word "Trophy" across the front of it. Things have gotten way out of hand and it needs to stop before we are all forced to wear plane cloths with nothing written on them and we are scared to talk because we might offend someone. What ever happened to if you don't like it don't buy it and if someone is wearing something you find offensive then don't look at it. Oh well, things are going to get much worse before they get better, if they get better. God bless America, land of the free :lmao:.

Forkian

These overly PC people need to mind their own. It's a free country, wear what you want, say what you want, think what you want and allow others to do the same.

steppinthrax

These overly PC people need to mind their own. It's a free country, wear what you want, say what you want, think what you want and allow others to do the same.

I'm not taking the "removal of the shirt" side, but to look at it from a different angle. What you could say and get away with years ago would land you in a pickle now. Example, it was once considered appropriate and common to refer to an African American as a Negro. My mother's Birth certificate from 1950s has Race listed a "Negro". Now if you use this terminology to refer to groups of people you might even get punched in the face by CSA flag supporters!!!

steppinthrax

Aside from that,

I think it's pretty ridiculous. There are many woman who like being called a Trophy wife.

"I'm his trophy wife"!!!!

bilbur

I think I will create an app where people speak to the app first and it analyzes the sentence and tells you if it is racist, sexist, offensive to religious people etc.. If it is offensive it tweaks it so it won't offend anyone. I will call it "The Death of the Freedom of Speech and Expression in America APP".

Amused_despair

What's worse? Being easily offended or being easily offended by those who are easily offended? This is probably awesome for Target who is getting tons of free advertising for their t-shirt sales.

Tech

I think I will create an app where people speak to the app first and it analyzes the sentence and tells you if it is racist, sexist, offensive to religious people etc.. If it is offensive it tweaks it so it won't offend anyone. I will call it "The Death of the Freedom of Speech and Expression in America APP".

The first release would be easy, keeping it updated could be a ***** (puppy bearing canine. Can't say female dog. Female is misogynist, dog is beauty shaming. Dang I said puppies, a slang term for breasts :()

Tech

In the plus size selection? They need to remove it because it's false advertising.

glhs837

Power with Control
The first release would be easy, keeping it updated could be a ***** (puppy bearing canine. Can't say female dog. Female is misogynist, dog is beauty shaming. Dang I said puppies, a slang term for breasts :()

Annnd finished with saying breasts anyway......... off to the PC Reeducation Camp with you.....