House cleaning services

wubbles

Any recommendations on house cleaning services? I want to get an approx 2000 square feet property (2/3 carpet 1/3 wood) cleaned from top to bottom in St.Mary's including kitchen and bathrooms. All I really know about is Servpro. Any idea how much something like this costs? Any experiences with getting something like this done? Thanks.

Roman

Is the property empty? I would think it might be cheaper if it is. If you call a company like Serve Pro, they might give free estimates.

KDENISE977

Any recommendations on house cleaning services? I want to get an approx 2000 square feet property (2/3 carpet 1/3 wood) cleaned from top to bottom in St.Mary's including kitchen and bathrooms. All I really know about is Servpro. Any idea how much something like this costs? Any experiences with getting something like this done? Thanks.

We use Merry Maids out of PF, they come every other week and clean and do a great job. We've used them for approx. 4 1/2 years :yay:

Smith

We have used both Merry Maids and Molly Maids for a few years. They are based in Calvert, but their crew service homes throughout the tri-county area. The price will depend on the specifics of your house. They will do w walk-through with you to go over what you want done and give the estimate based on that. If a company doesn't do that, prepare to be disappointed.

We have several rooms that we did not have them clean because of limited use. Overall square footage they cleaned for us was about 2,200, and the price ranged from 100-110 every two weeks.

The issue we had with both of these companies and reason we don't have a cleaning company now is their quality of service declines over time. You'd think it was because the crew was becoming complacent, but their turn-over is so high we would often have at least one new person on the crew every month or so, which is another thing we didn't like. The final straw for Merry Maids was after they finished cleaning my house I found 22 places where they had missed something - things they said they had cleaned on their list. molly Maids was a better experience overall, but they too began to slide after a while.

I guess it depends on your expectations, and perhaps ours were too high. We have 2 long-haired dogs and a cat, so we have to vacuum every 3-4 days. Having the cleaning service vacuum is nice, but not a big deal to us. We were more interested in the full cleaning of the bathrooms, dusting, etc. They all use these lists where they say they focus on "deep cleaning" certain items each visit, but it doesn't always work out that way. I guess it's too hard for them to look around and just clean what actually needs it. For us the hassle made it not worth the expense. YMMV

KDENISE977

We have used both Merry Maids and Molly Maids for a few years. They are based in Calvert, but their crew service homes throughout the tri-county area. The price will depend on the specifics of your house. They will do w walk-through with you to go over what you want done and give the estimate based on that. If a company doesn't do that, prepare to be disappointed.

We have several rooms that we did not have them clean because of limited use. Overall square footage they cleaned for us was about 2,200, and the price ranged from 100-110 every two weeks.

The issue we had with both of these companies and reason we don't have a cleaning company now is their quality of service declines over time. You'd think it was because the crew was becoming complacent, but their turn-over is so high we would often have at least one new person on the crew every month or so, which is another thing we didn't like. The final straw for Merry Maids was after they finished cleaning my house I found 22 places where they had missed something - things they said they had cleaned on their list. molly Maids was a better experience overall, but they too began to slide after a while.

I guess it depends on your expectations, and perhaps ours were too high. We have 2 long-haired dogs and a cat, so we have to vacuum every 3-4 days. Having the cleaning service vacuum is nice, but not a big deal to us. We were more interested in the full cleaning of the bathrooms, dusting, etc. They all use these lists where they say they focus on "deep cleaning" certain items each visit, but it doesn't always work out that way. I guess it's too hard for them to look around and just clean what actually needs it. For us the hassle made it not worth the expense. YMMV

I have definitely noticed some times when the cleaning was not up to our normal standards and I called and EVERY time they are come back the next day with no questions asked and fix it. This has happened to us about 3 or 4 times. We have very dark hardwood floors that are impossible to keep clean and we also have 2 dogs. We don't have them clean our guest room or master bed/bath so they clean about 2000 sq. feet and we pay just the same. $103.00

Roman

I have a person that comes to my house every other week also. I was thinking she was getting complacent too, and was finding trivial things she had missed. No big deal. She had to take off for 2 weeks after having surgery on one of her hands. I really missed her, and found that I was the one taking her for granted. I am so glad that she's back. She's the best IMO, but am not sure she is taking on new clients. I'll ask her tomorrow, and will post if she says it's OK to do so.

wubbles

Thanks all for the advice. The house will be empty so it should make things easier. I will get an estimate from servepro for the floors and walls. Any idea if these maid services will do a 1 time thing or do you need to contract out for a certain amount of time? Thanks again!

KDENISE977

Thanks all for the advice. The house will be empty so it should make things easier. I will get an estimate from servepro for the floors and walls. Any idea if these maid services will do a 1 time thing or do you need to contract out for a certain amount of time? Thanks again!

Merry Maids will do a one time cleaning, I've had friends who used them when they were moving out of a house.