Easy up sun shades

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I am thinking about getting one of these for my big window, it faces west and in the evening the sun beats on it pretty hard. Anyone have any experience with them?

http://easyupshade.com/default.htm

We use a very similar - or perhaps even identical - product to reduce the heat load on the bridges of many of the ships we design and build. Some of them have a lot of glass surrounding a fairly small space and can really be a pain to keep cool without the sun shades.

PeoplesElbow

We use a very similar - or perhaps even identical - product to reduce the heat load on the bridges of many of the ships we design and build. Some of them have a lot of glass surrounding a fairly small space and can really be a pain to keep cool without the sun shades.

Guessing they work well for the heat?

Where do you get them from?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Guessing they work well for the heat?

Where do you get them from?

I don't buy them...I just appreciate the fact that the shipyard installed them when I'm stuck on the bridge for hours on end in a sweltering heat sun. They definitely work.

RPMDAD

PE, not sure which brand but my neighbor had it installed on all the windows in the house and said it helped. Can't ask them which brand they went with, they moved to Va.