CSI going to the crapper

"Deals with Fox and Eads were renegotiated after two years and a raise was offered for this fifth season although there was no contractual obligation to do so, he said. The actors reportedly wanted a raise in their $100,000-per-episode pay."

"There comes a point where we feel a contract is a contract. ..."

They had a 5 year contract. The network already renegotiated it once. The network offered raises when they didn't have too. I am glad they got canned.

Toxick

Splat
Well, I've never cared much for Sara, but I liked Stokes. In any event, I don't want to see either of them go. The show was great as it is. CBS only has one decent show on it right now. (ok two - Everybody Loves Raymond is ok. )

And now they're screwing it all up.

Why?

So Les Moonves can have another yacht next summer?

Worse yet - I heard Grissom is leaving next year. What the heck is up with that?

Anyway:

I dig CSI Miami too. I didn't used to like it, but Horatio is kinda growing on me. At first he seemed like a smarmy smart-alacky arrogant jerk - now he seems like a smarmy smart-alacky arrogant jerk, but I like it. I would like to sneak up on Calley with a shovel and klonk her on the back of the noggin, though.

Looking forward to CSI New York, although if it were me, I'd'a stayed away from NY. Too many shows based in NY. I would have done CSI Detroit, or CSI Seattle, or most likely CSI: Washington DC.

Oh, and Gorja's character got on my nerves, so I am glad she is gone. The actress bugged me on ER too.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by huntr1
They had a 5 year contract. The network already renegotiated it once. The network offered raises when they didn't have too. I am glad they got canned.

There has to be a better way to turn them down without firing their asses.

Cletus_Vandam

MONEY!!!!

I wouldn't want to see either of the two leave. I like Stokes and his attitude; and I like to see the relationship (or lack thereof) between Sara and Grisum (spelling?)

But, it kills me to see people complaining about money when they make more in one week's work than most people make in a year... Their alternative is not making any money. Their both on a tremendoulsy successful show as supporting actors. They aren't the whole show... They could take a lesson from David Caruso. He left NYPD around seven years ago... Look how long it took him to get back in front of the camera in a decent show. I don't care for CSI-Miami, but it must be doing something right if it getting re-newed.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
How about CSI: Backwoods of Mississippi ---

Where DNA is never conclusive because there are similar markers across the population.