:lmao:

goodlord.jpg
goodlord2.jpg
goodlord3.jpg
goodlord4.jpg
goodlord5.jpg

Last edited:

digitallest

That was hilarious. I like how they converted the currency to chickens, so they could hold onto the hope that everybody could have been millionaires instead of having the Obamacare website. With 43 mil left over. I fear for the species, but definitely feel good about my ability to do simple math.

"On the seventh day, God rested, while satan got busy putting the alphabet in math" (my daughter just walked in, said that, then left, it seemed fitting)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My favorite part was when he said that his dad is VP of a computer programming company and he said the same thing. And the response to that: "That is alarming." :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not everyone 'gets' math. I know a very smart person who simply can't grasp exchange rates. He talks about how thus and such country works out to where $1 US dollar is 10 of this other countries and, thus, if he had $100,000, which he does, he could move there and have $1,000,000. He could get 10 times as many cars, 10 times the house, all for the same money.

I tried every way I could think of, including showing him ads from there that, yes, while that dollar is 10 of theirs, his $50,000 truck sells for $500,000 of their dollars over there and so forth.

It got heated, finally, and we stopped.

By the same token, we all get 'going long' on a stock, buy low, sell high but, most of us struggle, mightily, when talking about 'shorting', buy high, sell low.

Some things are just not generally intuitive.

digitallest

Facebook, on this tablet, is no joy. I end up muttering, and poking the links a little more aggressively.

I totally know everyone else is laughing, and watching videos with their functional devices. This is a Samsung google advertising reader, far as I can tell. Any ads driven by Google drive right overtop of whatever I am doing, and the keypad has one setting, apparently, it is called "random" and it really keeps things lively. It slides up, and back into its hiding place WHILE I am typing. I can not tell you how awesome that is.

Eventually, I start looking for something else to do, since my tablet has a severe facebook allergy