Heavy equipment on a private road

popsicle

Any suggestions on how I would find out who put a Huge @$$ GRADALL on the side of a private street. It is not really in the way, just want to why it is there. I have not seen evidence of any construction in the area.

Any suggestions on who to call?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The po-po as a non-emergency - they could run the tag and find out who owns it. May be stolen or whatever.

popsicle

I did not see a tag or a company placard on the side. When I say huge, I mean wide load huge. Wouldn't fit on a flatbed huge.

Hannibal

Contact the owner of the road. If a private road, the road owner (likely an adjacent property owner) would have to grant permission.

popsicle

I called the Sheriff's office non-emergency number and a very nice deputy came out right away. He crawled all over it looking for identification and was unable to find anything that would give a clue as to who it belongs to. He put an abandoned vehicle tag on it and said he would be back to see if it was still there in a couple of days. If it was still there he would call an get it towed. Sounded great to me.

A couple of hours later he called to tell me that because my street has "way" at the end of the name it's private property and I would have to pay to have it removed. Not his fault, he was very apologetic when he called.

Now what?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I called the Sheriff's office non-emergency number and a very nice deputy came out right away. He crawled all over it looking for identification and was unable to find anything that would give a clue as to who it belongs to. He put an abandoned vehicle tag on it and said he would be back to see if it was still there in a couple of days. If it was still there he would call an get it towed. Sounded great to me.

A couple of hours later he called to tell me that because my street has "way" at the end of the name it's private property and I would have to pay to have it removed. Not his fault, he was very apologetic when he called.

Now what?

Is the private property your property?

dave1959

If it's not in the way and not your property leave it alone and worry about it if it's not gone in a couple days...

popsicle

Is the private property your property?

There are 8 houses on our road.... the GRADALL is parked in front of my house. I find it a little rude to park a giant piece of equipment in front of someone's house and not leave any sort of note explaining why.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There are 8 houses on our road.... the GRADALL is parked in front of my house. I find it a little rude to park a giant piece of equipment in front of someone's house and not leave any sort of note explaining why.

someone is going to be grading the road :shrug:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Sorry, but if it is not your property there is not a thing you can do about it.

Have you talked to your neighbors?

nutz

I find it rather rude that people like you think you get to control everybody else's world.
You have a shared right of way that any of your seven neighbors could have allowed this "illegal parking". Highly doubtful someone picked your little corner of the world to drop off scrap metal.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Attachments

• gradall_g660_10-07_001.jpg
    gradall_g660_10-07_001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 353

PeoplesElbow

I find it rather rude that people like you think you get to control everybody else's world.
You have a shared right of way that any of your seven neighbors could have allowed this "illegal parking". Highly doubtful someone picked your little corner of the world to drop off scrap metal.

Even though they could legally do it wouldn't you consider it rude if all of your neighbors parked their cars in front of your house instead?

I have a great neighbor that asked if I minded that he park his car in front of my house while he was having some tree work done in his front yard.