Man accused of murdering neighbor for mowing her lawn

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link

WILLARD, OH (WOIO) -A Huron County man is behind bars on a $1 million bond, accused of shooting his neighbor in the head because she was mowing her lawn. It happened in the small town of Willard.

Police say 62-year-old Linda Ciotto was mowing her lawn Tuesday night around 9 p.m. when they say 50-year-old James Blair shot her in the head.

Investigators also believe Blair rolled the running lawnmower over her. Ciotto lived next door to Blair's mother.

"I heard the lawnmower running. I heard that then after that I heard the shot," one neighbor said.

A quick look at the grass and you can see Ciotto had just started cutting the lawn.

The Huron County Sheriff's Department responded to the scene, then called for reinforcements from Willard Police and a SWAT team from Mansfield. They say Blair went inside his mother's home and would not come out for six hours. Authorities used tear gas to get Blair to surrender.

Blair's mother, 72-year-old Billie Hinkle, was also arrested. She is accused of tampering with evidence. Deputies say she hid the murder weapon."

Hijinx

9 PM is a helluva time to start mowing the lawn. Why do I believe maybe she did this to piss the guy off. If she did----=it worked.

PeoplesElbow

I was out cutting my grass early today. Looking over my shoulder the whole time...

YOu never know what is behind you when you mow. I had no idea some walkers were right behind me while I mowed right up against the road and I just let a big loud fart fly, I caught them scampering to the other side of the street out of the corner of my eye, oops.