Old school Navy Boot Camp

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Bet this doesn't happen anymore.

chief.jpg

h3mech

how did you get my picture. Orlando Company Commander 1988-1993

that was BMC Case, a company commander in a brother company during that time frame, wow what a small world

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
He's not a real second class, but rather a recruit given a position of authority in the company, Recruit Company Commander, or Company Yeoman, or something similar. Rope indicates a Company Commander, the Navy equivalent to a Drill Instructor.

glhs837

Power with Control
Guy in the BC glasses next to the black guy is smirking...... maybe the RPOC was set up....... our Yoeman used his pass to Mainside to pick up mail to instead go to the bowling alley and coke and smoke..... whooooeeeee, that takedown was epic.....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
our Yoeman used his pass to Mainside to pick up mail to instead go to the bowling alley and coke and smoke..... whooooeeeee, that takedown was epic.....

I bet the white duty belt was what gave him away.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I remember one time being in the choir; we took a bus to a fancy white people church in Chicago and sang all our Navy songs for them. After, at the meet & greet, cougars were slipping money into my dress whites and during the champagne dinner I snuck away and bought Skoal for my white friends & Newports for my black friends so they’d stop being mean to each other.

FED_UP

Old memories, I hated the tear gas chamber and marching on that hot azz pavement in California.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Old memories, I hated the tear gas chamber and marching on that hot azz pavement in California.

I thought they only did this to Army guys .....

.... remove your gas mask, state your name, rank and serial number .....

glhs837

Power with Control
Did you graduate in January, 1985?

Was right before Dec 25th, 1984 :) Left around the 28th as I recall. Uniform for recruits was two pairs of socks, thermals, dungarees, regular tee shirt, thermal t shirt, dungaree shirt, peacoat, then raincoat, watchcap with small towel tucked in to prtect the face, glove on and hands in pockets.

This_person

Was right before Dec 25th, 1984 :) Left around the 28th as I recall. Uniform for recruits was two pairs of socks, thermals, dungarees, regular tee shirt, thermal t shirt, dungaree shirt, peacoat, then raincoat, watchcap with small towel tucked in to prtect the face, glove on and hands in pockets.

I was there with you, a couple of weeks behind you. I'm originally from the area, so it didn't really mean much to me, but we lost two our graduation weekend because they got drunk in a bar on South Street and passed out in the street. Froze to death.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I thought they only did this to Army guys .....

.... remove your gas mask, state your name, rank and serial number .....

Nah - same in Navy RTC in '72 - had to recite whatever general order the instructor told your group to recite - together. Smelled like tear gas the rest of the day, for sure.