Woman learns she has carried fetus in her for 60 years

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/americas/chile-elderly-woman-fetus/

Estela Meléndez, 91, says she has had a lump on her belly for many years, but had no idea that she was carrying a fetus. Doctors say it has been in her uterus for over six decades. The fetus is calcified and poses no health risk to the woman.

"The doctor said I had a tumor and that they needed to operate on me," Meléndez told CNN. But when a second X-ray was ordered to confirm, doctors couldn't believe their eyes. The mass they were looking at turned out not to be a tumor, but a fetus.

BlueBird

Disgusting. Hopefully they donated it to planned parenthood where it can be sold to the highest bidder for research.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Disgusting. Hopefully they donated it to planned parenthood where it can be sold to the highest bidder for research.

Why is that disgusting? Not her fault. One of those freaky things that Mother Nature does to us sometimes. You are a guy, so I understand why you are disgusted. It is sad, really. The baby she never got to know. But, as far as research, it may be unprecedented. Hopefully, it will never happen to another woman.

BlueBird

Why is that disgusting? Not her fault. One of those freaky things that Mother Nature does to us sometimes. You are a guy, so I understand why you are disgusted. It is sad, really. The baby she never got to know. But, as far as research, it may be unprecedented. Hopefully, it will never happen to another woman.

It's disgusting because it is. Not her fault=true. Weird happening=true. Conceptually appealing? No! Disgusting or gross to some? I say yes and understandably so. That is why I find it disgusting. we can agree that it's also sad. I think the loss of any unborn child is sad no matter how it occurred.