Whats with people driving the wrong way

PeoplesElbow

After yesterdays big accident especially. I went through the drive through and LJS and someone wanted to come into the drive thru backwards and probably would have if I wasn't sitting there. Then this morning someone tried to drive backwards through the drill hall parking lot wtf is going on?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
It's been an epidemic here in Tampa for the last few years with numerous deaths caused by the retarded drunk wrong way drivers.

Escalade14

Go Rams!
That is really weird. Never happened to me before, but in your case, PeoplesElbow, there is a first time for everything. Then again, maybe it was opposites day.

H

Hodr

Then this morning someone tried to drive backwards through the drill hall parking lot wtf is going on?

If your talking about the one on base behind the McDonald's, I think every person has gone backwards through that thing at least once (at least when entering from the back).

Vince

It's been an epidemic here in Tampa for the last few years with numerous deaths caused by the retarded drunk wrong way drivers.
Had that happen one New Year's Day on Rt 4 no less. I was coming South in the southbound lane and some drunk pulled out and came at me going North in the southbound lane. To top things off, it was snowing. I think he finally realized his mistake and traveled across the grass in the median to get into the northbound lanes.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If your talking about the one on base behind the McDonald's, I think every person has gone backwards through that thing at least once (at least when entering from the back).

There was a cop issuing tickets to cars coming in thru the out exit at McD's once that I know of. He nailed several while I sat in the drive thru watching. :lol:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Had that happen one New Year's Day on Rt 4 no less. I was coming South in the southbound lane and some drunk pulled out and came at me going North in the southbound lane. To top things off, it was snowing. I think he finally realized his mistake and traveled across the grass in the median to get into the northbound lanes.

There were at least 11 people killed by wrong way drivers in the immediate Tampa area in 2014 alone from Jan - Sept 2014. There have been a number since then. Nearly all the wrong wayers were drunk, and half of them are women drivers.

There were at least 11 people killed by wrong way drivers in the immediate Tampa area in 2014 alone from Jan - Sept 2014. There have been a number since then. Nearly all the wrong wayers were drunk, and half of them are women drivers.

And the other half would then be men? 50/50 ? Makes the women no worse or no better than anyone else.

bilbur

And the other half would then be men? 50/50 ? Makes the women no worse or no better than anyone else.

Unless you throw a hermaphrodite into the mix. Oh, never mind, that would just give half of a check to each side and it would still be 50/50. But there are the people who are men but identify as women and visa versa. Damn, determining gender is getting too complicated, lets just go with 50/50.

PeoplesElbow

Yes thats where i am talking about, except this moron backed out of one of the spots that are angled to point you the correct way, swung all the way around in those tight quarters and just sat there staring at a line of cars in her way.

The fairly narrow driving path lined with cars on both sides pointing toward you should be a pretty good clue you are going the wrong way.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

I said that simply to illustrate the misconception that the standard illustration of the drunk driver is to be a male. No one sex innocent in this mess.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My first thought was perhaps it's due to the large influx of individuals who come from opposite side driving nations to this area for training.

That thought is re-enforced by being behind a vehicle being driven by somebody sitting/driving with their steering wheel on the "wrong" side this morning.

:shrug:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yes thats where i am talking about, except this moron backed out of one of the spots that are angled to point you the correct way, swung all the way around in those tight quarters and just sat there staring at a line of cars in her way.

The fairly narrow driving path lined with cars on both sides pointing toward you should be a pretty good clue you are going the wrong way.

bone heads pull thru in out lot and then head down the aisle in the wrong direction - there was actually a message put out about how the aisles are one way.

But for the most part these are pickup, the rather large ones, so I guess they figure they rule and the rules don't apply to them.

PeoplesElbow

My first thought was perhaps it's due to the large influx of individuals who come from opposite side driving nations to this area for training.

That thought is re-enforced by being behind a vehicle being driven by somebody sitting/driving with their steering wheel on the "wrong" side this morning.

:shrug:

The ones I have seen are contract mail carriers. Definitely a Subaru outback with a right side wheel in somd.