Ladies and gentlemen...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...The Rolling Stones

I'm not even gonna ask who the greatest rock and roll band of all time is; they just are. The reason? Any conversation of what their best song(s) is/are goes right into a list that doesn't seem to stop of just all time greatest songs, ever, including everyone. And I'm not really much of a Stones fan until I sit back and think of their enormous body of work.

It's only Rock and roll
bitch
wild horses
Angie
Sympathy
Brown Sugar
Honkey Tonk
Jumpin jack flah
Gimme shelter
some girls
Satisfaction
Tumblin dice
Beast of burden
Start me up
Paint it black
Miss you
Far away eyes

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
...The Rolling Stones

I'm not even gonna ask who the greatest rock and roll band of all time is; they just are. The reason? Any conversation of what their best song(s) is/are goes right into a list that doesn't seem to stop of just all time greatest songs, ever, including everyone. And I'm not really much of a Stones fan until I sit back and think of their enormous body of work.

It's only Rock and roll
bitch
wild horses
Angie
Sympathy
Brown Sugar
Honkey Tonk
Jumpin jack flah
Gimme shelter
some girls
Satisfaction
Tumblin dice
Beast of burden
Start me up
Paint it black
Miss you
Far away eyes

I hate this kind of argument, mostly because it's false. Led Zeppelin has this honor.

Hank

my war
I hate this kind of argument, mostly because it's false. Led Zeppelin has this honor.

I am a huge Zep fan, but several of their songs (including "hits") were old blues tunes. Gotta take that into consideration as far as songwriting, therefore, they are not the greatest.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I am a huge Zep fan, but several of their songs (including "hits") were old blues tunes. Gotta take that into consideration as far as songwriting, therefore, they are not the greatest.

Quality over quantity. Either way it beats the Beatles by several miles, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Quality over quantity. Either way it beats the Beatles by several miles, yeah, yeah, yeah.

That's not really fair. The Beatles never set out to be rock and roll. They were a pop band from day 1. They have no blues DNA or even ever wished to.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I am perusing Zep songs to see how many are the readily identifiable, well known hits as per the Stones ones and I noticed something that has always been there for me; Zep is a weed band. I can't listen to them for long without wanting to get high. I gave that up a LONG time ago and...I gave up Zep at the same time. The Stones don't exude that feel to me, at all.

Led Zepplin just makes me want to be in 9th grade again hanging out with friends getting high. And I don't miss that, at all. Stones are current with me because they're...functional???

Hank

my war
I am perusing Zep songs to see how many are the readily identifiable, well known hits as per the Stones ones and I noticed something that has always been there for me; Zep is a weed band. I can't listen to them for long without wanting to get high. I gave that up a LONG time ago and...I gave up Zep at the same time. The Stones don't exude that feel to me, at all.

Led Zepplin just makes me want to be in 9th grade again hanging out with friends getting high. And I don't miss that, at all. Stones are current with me because they're...functional???

Love the Stones but I'm thinking "Undercover" was the last solid effort. Albeit they still had hits on albums after.

BOP

The Stones have been dead for years now. Some of them for decades. They just don't know it yet.

Now for some "tune in, turn on, drop out" music:

Robin Trower "Live from Winterland, 1975." I'm not positive, but I think this is his "Bridge of Sighs" album, live.

Agee

Sirius/XM has been running a great interview series with Jimmy Page :yay:

Speaking of LZ and Sirius/XM, heard "Dread Zepplin" doing Black Dog and Tina Turner doing Whole Lotta Love, the Tina Turner version was damn good!