Things chefs hate

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I've been to a couple places that it says 'we will not serve steaks well done' on menu. They get extra tip and I tell 'em why.

That doesn't change what I want. I like my beef all done and I think bloody beef tastes disgusting.

littlelady

God bless the USA
That doesn't change what I want. I like my beef all done and I think bloody beef tastes disgusting.

My hub's mom always got teased because they knew the meat was done to her liking when the fire alarm went off. :lol: I don't like rare meat, either. I can identify.

When we go out to eat, which is rare (haha!), I don't order anything that might be questionable. The list Monello posted is interesting. I have never done/asked any thing on the list.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Been to a few places that say "not responsible for meat requested well done".

:lol:

I've gotten to the point that I hate the holier than thou attitude towards well done beef. It's not any better or worse than rare beef, just different, but if you do get it don't complain about it being tough.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Most of that list, I agree with. If it slows down the kitchen and creates hassle for the cooks, I never do those things. Even when I tended bar you'd be slammed crazy busy and there's always that one jackass who wants a blender drink. Grrr....

But if I want ice in my wine or my steak cooked well done, that chef can keep his snotty opinions to himself and just give me what I want.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
If I'm paying for someone to cook my food, then that food should be cooked the way I requested.

If it's not cooked the way I requested, then I'll take my business elsewhere.

If they don't want to accommodate me, the paying customer, then they should not be in the business of serving food to the general public.

Simple really.

Agee

You're way is probably one of the easiest steak orders for a chef, just throw it on the grill until flaming, then cook-it 30 mins more!

Agee

12. "Don’t make your own menu – Everything we serve has been carefully priced out and taste-tasted until the dish is perfect. This creates pricing issues, and it wastes time. We have to go out of our way to find your special component. It also makes us mad; we put a lot of hard work and energy into making our menu special and unique."

Chefs take pride in what they offered for the night, and the kitchen is set-up for the nights service based on the normal menu and specials.

13." The kids' menu is FOR KIDS – We designed this menu strictly for children under 12; you are embarrassing yourself and pissing off your server who is going to get a lousy tip."

You be surprised how many times this happens,

14. "Sitting at a dirty table is rude – No matter how badly you want to sit at a specific table, you should wait for your host to seat you. When you sit at a dirty table, you make it more difficult for the staff to clean the table, and you won’t get served any faster. It just makes you look impatient and disrespectful."

You start ticking off the chefs and staff you tend to receive less than stellar food and service!

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I feel that if you are going to be really picky when going out to eat that you should just stay home, and cook it yourself. JMO.