Ugh... Traffic

Decided to make a run to Harbor Freight in Fredericksburg. On the way home, traffic was stop and go from King George to the bridge. Yikes.

And you're so busy during the week??? :wink:

Yeah, actually I am. Between the contractors and prepping for the contractors and just trying to stay ahead of everything, I pretty much have something going all week. Past few days has been spackle and crawling thru the attic re-wiring for the new kitchen.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah, actually I am. Between the contractors and prepping for the contractors and just trying to stay ahead of everything, I pretty much have something going all week. Past few days has been spackle and crawling thru the attic re-wiring for the new kitchen.

I'm sure you are busy. I went by your place today but it didn't look like you were home, so I didn't stop.

I'm sure you are busy. I went by your place today but it didn't look like you were home, so I didn't stop.

Sorry I missed ya. This morning I was in the attic covered in sweat and insulation. Looked like a gray snow monster. Left for VA around 12:30, back about 5:30.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sorry I missed ya. This morning I was in the attic covered in sweat and insulation. Looked like a gray snow monster. Left for VA around 12:30, back about 5:30.

Glad you are getting things done. :smile:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Always. Plus the freebie for batteries. I usually like to get the free LED flashlights. Got lots of those! :lol:
I wanted a pneumatic finish nailer. $100. On sale for $80. with coupon $64.

:yay:

I didn't know there was one in Fredericksburg. Sounds like a road trip this week. I need a paddle sander for fiberglass repair.

PeoplesElbow

Always. Plus the freebie for batteries. I usually like to get the free LED flashlights. Got lots of those! :lol:
I wanted a pneumatic finish nailer. $100. On sale for $80. with coupon $64.

Their nailers are actually pretty good, just not their nails. I have their 23 and 18 gage nailers and I dont think I paid more than $20 for either. They are no Grex, but put some good Bostich nails in them and they work just fine.

Their nailers are actually pretty good, just not their nails. I have their 23 and 18 gage nailers and I dont think I paid more than $20 for either. They are no Grex, but put some good Bostich nails in them and they work just fine.
That was exactly how the reviews on this one were. Great tool, but use someone else's nails. Apparently Lowes nails work well.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Decided to make a run to Harbor Freight in Fredericksburg. On the way home, traffic was stop and go from King George to the bridge. Yikes.

that's pretty much the way it is on weekends. But we don't need a new bridge there any more than the TJ bridge needs to be upgraded for traffic.

popsicle

The traffic was bad on Saturday at around 5:00 as well. I, too, was coming back from snagging some great deals as Harbor Freight.

mdff21

There is also a Harbor Freight in Laurel and Glen Burnie. Traffic might be better going to one of those.

OldHillcrestGuy

Trying to get over the 301 bridge going north into MD. on Sundays maybe Saturday too during the summer is hell. The one time it got me we were backed up onto the hill past the WaWa intersection. We were coming from Myrtle Beach, being about 20-30 minutes from home and taking an extra hour to go 2 miles to reach the bridge was all we needed after being on the road all day. I now leave on a week day and return on a week day when heading to MB, which Ill be doing in just over 2 weeks.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
We were stuck that traffic mess about the same time. Seems the culprit was one disabled vehicle on the VA side & 'traffic coming home from the beaches'. Once over the bridge it was smooth sailing.