Crazy cat urinating in vents! Why?

Restless

This is so gross and I need to find some answers fast. One of our three cats has taken to peeing in our ac/heat vents. She has done this once in the past, we took her to the vet, no UTI, and finally stopped on her own. Now she is doing it again. The only thing that has changed is that our daughter, whose cat this is, moved out in April to her own apartment that doesn't allow pets. She comes to the house frequently to visit.

Do you think the cat is mad and this is how she shows it? She uses the litter box for #2. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

frequentflier

happy to be living
This is so gross and I need to find some answers fast. One of our three cats has taken to peeing in our ac/heat vents. She has done this once in the past, we took her to the vet, no UTI, and finally stopped on her own. Now she is doing it again. The only thing that has changed is that our daughter, whose cat this is, moved out in April to her own apartment that doesn't allow pets. She comes to the house frequently to visit.

Do you think the cat is mad and this is how she shows it? She uses the litter box for #2. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

We have a drama queen, "Lola", who was forever getting picked on by our alpha cat, "Zuma". She peed on and ruined 2 couches, carpet, etc. Took her to the vet and she checked out physically. The vet said she is a bit *mental* and suggested we separate her from the other cats.
Since moving 1 year ago, she has a bedroom she shares with "Luther", who is very laid back and who she has always gotten along with. No more peeing.

If you keep the boxes clean, haven't changed litters or placement of the boxes, have had no other obvious stressors, is it possible something is going on when you are not at home? Maybe she is getting picked on or is not allowed to get to the box when she needs to? I know Zuma often cornered Lola and picked on her when she was trying to use one of the many boxes we had in various places in the old house.

Roman

Have you changed litter brands recently? We have a whacky cat that will go outside the box if the very same litter is not used all the time.

Restless

We have a drama queen, "Lola", who was forever getting picked on by our alpha cat, "Zuma". She peed on and ruined 2 couches, carpet, etc. Took her to the vet and she checked out physically. The vet said she is a bit *mental* and suggested we separate her from the other cats.
Since moving 1 year ago, she has a bedroom she shares with "Luther", who is very laid back and who she has always gotten along with. No more peeing.

If you keep the boxes clean, haven't changed litters or placement of the boxes, have had no other obvious stressors, is it possible something is going on when you are not at home? Maybe she is getting picked on or is not allowed to get to the box when she needs to? I know Zuma often cornered Lola and picked on her when she was trying to use one of the many boxes we had in various places in the old house.

I hadn't thought about what might be going on when we are not here. Hmmm. One of our male cats thumps her now and then, but he has always done that. She usually hisses and he stops. She really misses our daughter. She may be moving back in October. That might help? Thanks for the suggestions.

Restless

Have you changed litter brands recently? We have a whacky cat that will go outside the box if the very same litter is not used all the time.

No, we haven't changed anything. I think it has to do with our daughter leaving. She is probably being spiteful. We have blocked the vents with air diffusers so she can't go in them. Her favorite spot is by the kitchen door. The vent is blocked so she used the nearby rug. I am hoping my daughter will take her with her when she gets a new job and moves. :)

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Cats are as worthless as their humans allow them to be. Just mail it to the previous owner.

Restless

Cats are as worthless as their humans allow them to be. Just mail it to the previous owner.

I take it you don't like cats. I didn't like them either until we found a homeless kitten. Little by little I learned to love him. Now we have three cats. Still prefer dogs though until we want to go away. Then they look so sad that it is hard to leave them. The cats don't care one way or the other for the most part.

Then they look so sad that it is hard to leave them.

index.jpg

PeoplesElbow

Im curious how you fix this behavior, we have someone at work that insists on pissing on the baseboard heater in the bathroom, not too bad in the summer but in the winter when its hot it stinks badly.