St. Mary's Property Taxes

tommyjo

Amazing...you all piss and moan about govt spending too much money...so here is a way they save (a post paid return envelope costs money to print and is significantly more in postage than normal first class...not to mention that many of these envelopes are simply tossed in the trash)...and you piss and moan about that too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Amazing...you all piss and moan about govt spending too much money...so here is a way they save (a post paid return envelope costs money to print and is significantly more in postage than normal first class...not to mention that many of these envelopes are simply tossed in the trash)...and you piss and moan about that too.

After I've paid my $7200 property tax bill...I don't have anything left for a stamp.

blacklabman

It's not the cost, it's the incompetence by overlooking the simply things. The return envelopes, in past years, were NOT postage paid.

You really like to bitch about the most insignificant things lately. Considering this is really no longer your home and you made a big stink about being able to move away, you sure make a big fuss over local stuff.

I have no issue with supplying my own envelope. We did last year too. If you notice there has been a regime change. Checks and mailing are no longer made to Jannette P. Norris like it has been for the past 20 years or more, it's now St. Mary's County Treasurer.

Saving money by not including an envelope is not incompetence.

PeoplesElbow

Id say postage paid isn't necessary but an addressed envelope or a mailing label is sure appreciated and would ensure that someone didn't transcribe the address incorrectly.

blacklabman

You really like to bitch about the most insignificant things lately. Considering this is really no longer your home and you made a big stink about being able to move away, you sure make a big fuss over local stuff.

I have no issue with supplying my own envelope. We did last year too. If you notice there has been a regime change. Checks and mailing are no longer made to Jannette P. Norris like it has been for the past 20 years or more, it's now St. Mary's County Treasurer.

Saving money by not including an envelope is not incompetence.

As long as I am paying taxes in St. Mary's, I retain the right to complain.

Lil off topic here - but dont you all have your taxes in escrow with your mortgage co? I got my bill - glanced at it and threw it away like I do every year - its already paid as far as Im concerned.

I am curious if Im missing some benefit to not having it rolled into escrow?

blacklabman

Lil off topic here - but dont you all have your taxes in escrow with your mortgage co? I got my bill - glanced at it and threw it away like I do every year - its already paid as far as Im concerned.

My house has long since been paid for. An escrow is usually required for a mortgage.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R

Ours is too but I do more than just glance at it. If taxes or my homeowners insurance goes up, so does my mortgage. Just got the notice yesterday they're estimating I will not have enough in escrow to cover everything so now my mortgage goes up for the year. We are cutting back our bills to be able to survive and along comes this and takes the savings away. I'm tired of 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

dave1959

It's not the cost, it's the incompetence by overlooking the simply things. The return envelopes, in past years, were NOT postage paid.

It was not incompetence or overlooked....It was a planned change in procedure to save YOU, the tax payer money since most of these envelopes are trashed anyway.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Please provide proof of that statement.

I work for the PO. While I know it probably will not establish proof, I see fewer and fewer bills of any type paid through the mail.

Even before the internet took over bill paying, the older folks would drive to the court house and pay their property tax bill. Now, the younger folk (and some of us older folk) are paying by computer.

My mortgage is also paid off, hence no escrow.

And I am really glad to no longer be writing my check out to some woman I don't know. Makes a lot more sense to me to make it out to the county.