Navy Yard parking for Nats game??

Going to my first Nats game Friday evening. Was thinking of parking at the Navy Yard (retired Military), but don't know if that's viable. Also maybe take Metro from Branch Ave, but don't know how late it runs. Anyone who's done this, can you offer some tips?

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I thought about parking at the Navy Yard as well but wound up going to Branch Ave and taking metro in. I was surprised that Metro took you to the front door basically. Good experience. I would do it again. As far as hours, it is best to consult Metros home page.

Brocktune

We have done both and metro is our preference. It's a bit of a hike from the Navy Yard (not terrible, I would say about 20-minutes with kids), but it's free and if you take a right out of the Yard when you leave traffic isn't terrible. Metro puts you right in front of the gate. I think they run until 11:30 (double-check that), so unless the game goes to extra innings, you should be fine. Have fun!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Friday night the Metro runs until 3 AM. Branch Ave to Navy Yard/Ballpark would probably be the easiest.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Friday night the Metro runs until 3 AM. Branch Ave to Navy Yard/Ballpark would probably be the easiest.
I think they also think they extend the hours a bit on week nights if the game runs long.
How easy is it to park at the Navy Yard? Walk excluded.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Went to the Nats game this past Friday. I do branch ave to Navy yard every time. All of 15 minutes on the metro, 6 stops? Metro stop is right there at the entrance to the stadium. Super easy, no stress.