God told me.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
godtoldme.jpg

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
which part did you not comprehend

What is ofc? What is a G_D? Are you trying to say that i am asserting myself as an expert on god?

Do you understand humor? and the OP post? The humor? in both his post and mine? He made a funny about god telling people to run for president and I made a funny about the candidates that god chose to tell to run for....oh never mind.

C

Chuckt

What is ofc? What is a G_D? Are you trying to say that i am asserting myself as an expert on god?

Do you understand humor? and the OP post? The humor? in both his post and mine? He made a funny about god telling people to run for president and I made a funny about the candidates that god chose to tell to run for....oh never mind.

Deuteronomy 5:11 ¶ Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

The early Jews took out the vowels and spelled Jehovah as YHVH so they wouldn't take the Lord's name in vain. Taking out the vowel of "God" equals "G_d". They somehow think they will get away with it and we all know what they mean.
Other people dare God to not hold people guiltless by making others take the Lord's name in vain.
There is also a person I know who doesn't want to be in the presence of anyone taking the Lord's name in vain because that creates a dilemma for him because he feels morally responsible to do something and he doesn't know what he can do.

seekeroftruth

I like this post!!!!!!!

:coffee:

seekeroftruth

Deuteronomy 5:11 ¶ Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

The early Jews took out the vowels and spelled Jehovah as YHVH so they wouldn't take the Lord's name in vain. Taking out the vowel of "God" equals "G_d". They somehow think they will get away with it and we all know what they mean.
Other people dare God to not hold people guiltless by making others take the Lord's name in vain.
There is also a person I know who doesn't want to be in the presence of anyone taking the Lord's name in vain because that creates a dilemma for him because he feels morally responsible to do something and he doesn't know what he can do.

If you are talking about God in a positive way..... then IMHO you should type GOD. IMHO to do otherwise is mocking Him. He is GOD, I've never known Him to be called G_d.

IMHO typing G_D is taking His name in vain.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
I think people who take the bible literally should examine how they live their lives, literally. You can't pick and choose and maintain credibility. I think the bible's intent on using the lord's name in vain is using it in a means to gain favor for yourself or for other means. For example, invoking the lord's name to get money from vulnerable people. Like modern day televangelist. Saying or spelling out God, Yahweh or Creator isn't using the name in vain. Besides, the names we use are simply words we made up to label what we feel to be the supreme being.

C

Chuckt

I think people who take the bible literally should examine how they live their lives, literally. You can't pick and choose and maintain credibility. I think the bible's intent on using the lord's name in vain is using it in a means to gain favor for yourself or for other means. For example, invoking the lord's name to get money from vulnerable people. Like modern day televangelist. Saying or spelling out God, Yahweh or Creator isn't using the name in vain. Besides, the names we use are simply words we made up to label what we feel to be the supreme being.

Vulnerable people? You can't be taken advantage of unless you let yourself be taken advantage of.
You mean people who don't realize that God knows their phone number or address and that we need a priest to be able to talk to God?

They should be careful making money off of the name of God because it will incur stricter judgment because that may be using the Lord's name in vain.
They better hope that God told them if indeed that is what someone is saying and happens to be true.

C

Chuckt

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
http://biblehub.com/2_chronicles/7-14.htm

We don't need a go-between. We don't need a priest or a politician. I'm sure if we prayed about it and listened, maybe God will get a point or two across to us and we would know who to vote for, what to say or what to do. We don't need these priests in our lives and the passage says nothing about a "go between" or anything like that. I don't have to give. The reason you all and we all have suffering in your/ our lives is because you won't turn your will over to God.

seekeroftruth

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
http://biblehub.com/2_chronicles/7-14.htm

We don't need a go-between. We don't need a priest or a politician. I'm sure if we prayed about it and listened, maybe God will get a point or two across to us and we would know who to vote for, what to say or what to do. We don't need these priests in our lives and the passage says nothing about a "go between" or anything like that. I don't have to give. The reason you all and we all have suffering in your/ our lives is because you won't turn your will over to God.

We may not need a go between.... but I have learned a lot from some great preachers and teachers.... Billy Graham... He's not necessary but he sure has a way of getting people to listen.... And let's give Pres. Jimmy Carter a lot of credit for teaching.... So no we don't require another human but it's great to have the good ones around.

Amused_despair

I would rather dal with someone who freely admits they are motivated by sin then to deal with hypocrites who claim to be following God but instead are motivated by sin