The Southern 500

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Glad NASCAR realized the error of their ways and put this race back in its rightful place on the schedule. Lots of drivers running "throwback" paint schemes for the race and NBC's primetime coverage will supposedly be vintage style. Maybe that means having Ken Squier and David Hobbs call the race with Chuck Mangione's Children of Sanchez as the theme.

"Live from Darlington, South Carolina, an NBC Sports special, the 2015 Southern 500"

Joey Logano
Kyle Busch
Denny Hamlin
Carl Edwards
Kevin Harvick

calvcopf

Jeff Gordon win
Kevin Harvick
Brad Keselowski
Kyle Busch
Kurt Busch

Last edited:

DipStick

NBC just announced that Ken Squier and Ned Jarrett, formerly of CBS Sports, and Dale Jarrett, formerly of ESPN, will call a portion of the Southern 500.

:smile:

OldHillcrestGuy

Headed to South Carolina this weekend myself, but not Darlington I'll be in Myrtle.

Don't usually pick this early but since I could be busy here goes.

1 Kyle Busch
Kevin Harvick
Matt Kenseth
Jimmie Johnson
Denny Hamlin

homedepot20

NBC just announced that Ken Squier and Ned Jarrett, formerly of CBS Sports, and Dale Jarrett, formerly of ESPN, will call a portion of the Southern 500.

:smile:

For half of race of race all you saw was their names where leader board was !!!!!!!

homedepot20

Standing after Darlington

OldHillCrestGuy 70+2=72
Huntr1 69+2=71
Clevalley 66+3=69
Calvcopf 66+2=68
HomeDepot20 58+3=61
Checkered_Flag 44+1=45
DipStick 39+4=43

DipStick

I agree ! just that whenever I wanted to see who was leading , TOP line showed names of announcers . Like WHO CARES !!!! As long as NO Waltrip was listed :killingme

Ken Squier, Ned Jarrett and Dale Jarrett aren't the usual announcers, which is why they did that I guess. :shrug:

I really enjoyed hearing Ken Squier in the booth once again. They should've sent Rick Allen, Jeff Burton and Steve Letarte home for the weekend and let those three do the whole race. Blast from the past.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I wish every race was on NBC. Great race, great coverage.

This could be the topic of another thread, but what seems to have made it a great race was the Low Down Force package. I agree with Carl that the package should be used in the Chase. The last I heard though was NASCAR was going to stick with the current rules package for the rest of the year. So are we looking at boring races for the Chase or does anyone think NASCAR may change their mind?

DipStick

This could be the topic of another thread, but what seems to have made it a great race was the Low Down Force package. I agree with Carl that the package should be used in the Chase. The last I heard though was NASCAR was going to stick with the current rules package for the rest of the year. So are we looking at boring races for the Chase or does anyone think NASCAR may change their mind?

NASCAR's already said they're using the 2015 package in the Chase. So, the races will suck. Except Martinsville.

Those "high drag" races were so bad. Excruciating. NASCAR wants to produce the type of racing IndyCar produces so bad but they keep forgetting the tracks were built for open wheel cars.

I loved hearing "tire wear" and "handling" all race. The low downforce package puts it in the driver's hands. Makes them race harder while also having to be smarter with tires. NASCAR won't stick to this though.

Time for another suckfest at Richmond now. :yawn: