Okay, Trump is my new hero

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Throwing that Univision ahole out of his press conference was just magic. :notworthy:

If it were me I wouldn't have let him back in AND I'd have barred him from any further events. Usually these ####heads can be combative and disruptive little activists and the candidate just rolls over, bares his yellow belly, and takes it. Not The Donald. Then, to add to the entertainment, the other news aholes are all huffy that Trump would dare to stand up to one of them and not kiss their ass.

Go, Donald, GO! :clap: :yahoo:

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Perhaps his heroic behavior can be better explained by the fact that he knows he's not going to be the next president (which he's not), so he's nothing to lose.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am going to admit it now... he has sorta kinda grown on me and deporting that crybaby Ramos out while he yelled how much he has the right to ask questions was pretty priceless.

CrashTest

Perhaps his heroic behavior can be better explained by the fact that he knows he's not going to be the next president (which he's not), so he's nothing to lose.

Of coarse he's not going to be Pres, but he's energizing people to stand up against the PC, perpetually offended crowd and say ki$$ my a$$.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I am going to admit it now... he has sorta kinda grown on me and deporting that crybaby Ramos out while he yelled how much he has the right to ask questions was pretty priceless.

I see what you did there. :lol:

Dakota

~~~~~~~

I used to think that but I dunno... I am not going to write him off just yet. His fan base is growing and if all the Democrats have is Hillary, well.... I don't think that is going to go over well.
She has managed to piss a great number of people off waving her snarky comments and stupid idiotic jokes around as some sort of defense for her poor behavior.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Throwing that Univision ahole out of his press conference was just magic. :notworthy:

If it were me I wouldn't have let him back in AND I'd have barred him from any further events. Usually these ####heads can be combative and disruptive little activists and the candidate just rolls over, bares his yellow belly, and takes it. Not The Donald. Then, to add to the entertainment, the other news aholes are all huffy that Trump would dare to stand up to one of them and not kiss their ass.

I used to think that but I dunno... I am not going to write him off just yet. His fan base is growing and if all the Democrats have is Hillary, well.... I don't think that is going to go over well.
She has managed to piss a great number of people off waving her snarky comments and stupid idiotic jokes around as some sort of defense for her poor behavior.

:dance:

Bann

PREMO Member
"That's easy. I'm a builder. I build buildings that are 95 stories tall". :killingme

I've thought from the very first time that Trump started talking about immigration and building that wall that he, of all the candidates, would have NO trouble building that way. Even if Trump doesn't get the GOP nomination, he would be the guy to get that wall built. :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
"That's easy. I'm a builder. I build buildings that are 95 stories tall". :killingme

I've thought from the very first time that Trump started talking about immigration and building that wall that he, of all the candidates, would have NO trouble building that way. Even if Trump doesn't get the GOP nomination, he would be the guy to get that wall built. :yay:

He's used to doing things with his own money. This wall thing has lingered around for decades because congress can't agree on anything. 'President' Trump will need OUR money to make this wall happen; which means he will need congress. A juvenile that runs around calling people 'bimbo' and 'idiot' isn't going to get any cooperation from congress.

Bann

PREMO Member
He's used to doing things with his own money. This wall thing has lingered around for decades because congress can't agree on anything. 'President' Trump will need OUR money to make this wall happen; which means he will need congress. A juvenile that runs around calling people 'bimbo' and 'idiot' isn't going to get any cooperation from congress.

Juvenile?

So, what do you call the others who are running? Classy? Mature? Superior? Cultured? Refined?

Yeah. A lot of good they've done being "above the fray" and too afraid to say ONE wrong thing and get run out of Dodge. :bigwhoop:

Can we say "Macaca",anyone?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yep all the rhetoric is grand , but trump is a non starter in my book;

Donald Trump Talks: Gun Control, Assault Weapons, Gun Free Zones & Self Defense
The Second Amendment is a bedrock natural right of the individual to defend self, family, and property

AmmoLand:

The deceptive term “Assault Weapons” has proven to be a buzz word among the anti-gun media. Back in 2000 in your book “The America We Deserve” you wrote “The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse to even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.” Since that time the AR15 rifle, what the media calls an “assault weapons“, has become America’s most popular firearm with millions and millions of them owned by good people.

Do you still stand by this quote or has your thinking evolved over the 15 years since you wrote that line?

Donald Trump:

“I certainly stand by my opposition to Gun Control when it comes to taking guns from law-abiding citizens. You mention that the media describes the AR-15 as an “assault rifle,” which is one example of the many distortions they use to sell their agenda. However, the AR-15 does not fall under this category. Gun-banners are unfortunately preoccupied with the AR-15, magazine capacity, grips, and other aesthetics, precisely because of its popularity.”
“To the Left every gun is an assault weapon.”

“Gun control does not reduce crime. It has consistently failed to stop violence. Americans are entitled to protect their families, their property and themselves. In fact, in right-to-carry states the violent crime rate is 24% lower than the rest of the United States and the murder rate is 28% lower. This should not be up for debate.”

AmmoLand:

You have been a long time resident of New York City and we can only assume that you know former Mayor Michael Bloomberg pretty well. We have followed his efforts to undermine the Second Amendment through his various anti-gun front groups. What does he have against the RKBA and why don’t we see wealthy conservatives making a similar ‘all in’ push to support gun rights?

Donald Trump:

“Mayor Bloomberg and I are friends. However, on this we agree to disagree. I believe there are two reasons you do not see a similar effort from Mayor Bloomberg’s polar opposite. ”

“First, many wealthy live behind gates, armed security, and away from crime. They may have little understanding of how fellow citizens are challenged in defending themselves and their property. The second reason is that we have the NRA and other groups already in the arena.”

“The Trump family knows these organizations are the best investment if we are to defend the right to keep and bear arms.”

I'm not buying Trump having a 'come to Jesus moment' over gun control and Assault Weapons

Hijinx

Juvenile?

So, what do you call the others who are running? Classy? Mature? Superior? Cultured? Refined?

Yeah. A lot of good they've done being "above the fray" and too afraid to say ONE wrong thing and get run out of Dodge. :bigwhoop:

Can we say "Macaca",anyone?

It's crazy. Trump is ahead in the polls because he is saying what many Americans are thinking and yet those others running are still pussyfooting around, too frightened to open their mouths .

Bann

PREMO Member
yep all the rhetoric is grand , but trump is a non starter in my book;

I'm not buying Trump having a 'come to Jesus moment' over gun control and Assault Weapons

The gun control issue is the same as the abortion issue - a President doesn't have the power to change the US Constitution by themselves.

At any rate, I am not a one issue voter and I think we have a lot more in this country to deal than just gun control.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Well, for the sake of argument, say he is serious, means to win and does. It will be through the trump method of making the deal, whatever that means or takes. He's certainly making the sale now. Then, once he wins it will be with a bunch of motivated, maybe this is what need types whom he can keep motivated to demand congress helps him, marginalize the msm and, well, get stuff done.

He is winning on the grounds of being trump not hurting but very much helping. If he means to win, that's a damn good place to be and it will remain so if he sees it through.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, for the sake of argument, say he is serious, means to win and does. It will be through the trump method of making the deal, whatever that means or takes. He's certainly making the sale now. Then, once he wins it will be with a bunch of motivated, maybe this is what need types whom he can keep motivated to demand congress helps him, marginalize the msm and, well, get stuff done.

He is winning on the grounds of being trump not hurting but very much helping. If he means to win, that's a damn good place to be and it will remain so if he sees it through.

IF he sees it through. I'm still scarred by the disappointment of Rudy Giuliani, so I'm not ready to just assume that a politician will go the distance.

This_person

There are two sides of me at odds over this. One side says it is clear the reporter was out of line, intentionally trying to pick a fight (you couldn't have scripted a better situation to stage such a fight), and Trump didn't cow-tow, like you say. That's a good thing. The media is long gone from the days of deserving preferential treatment because they're so yellow.

The other side of me says, this is not the temperament one should expect from a president.

The second one is off-set by the fact that the temperament hasn't been demonstrated to heads of state, but to media. I'd like to see him demonstrate some form of diplomacy before I could entertain the idea of taking him seriously.

Vince

Yeah, I hear Bush saying that a wall would cost hundreds of billions. Hey, what about pulling all the hundreds of billions we're sending to other countries and using it for our own country. That might work. :doh: