Wisdom Tooth Extration

steppinthrax

I need a wisdom tooth removed. No dental insurance. I understand one option I have is the University of MD dental school. However, you have to be there before 6am in the morning. Does anybody know any services within the Calvert County area.

Just to note, it is not impacted, just fractured and in intermittent pain.

Restless

I went to thunderbird dental in Waldorf to have 12 teeth pulled and get dentures. They don't take insurance but will submit paperwork for you to get reimbursed (which I know doesn't apply to you, but it helped me). Anyway, I'm not sure if they do wisdom teeth but it couldn't hurt to ask. They are very reasonable unlike so many dental offices nowadays that think you have thousands to spend on teeth. Good luck!

steppinthrax

I went to thunderbird dental in Waldorf to have 12 teeth pulled and get dentures. They don't take insurance but will submit paperwork for you to get reimbursed (which I know doesn't apply to you, but it helped me). Anyway, I'm not sure if they do wisdom teeth but it couldn't hurt to ask. They are very reasonable unlike so many dental offices nowadays that think you have thousands to spend on teeth. Good luck!

Thanks,

Just called them. The woman on the phone said all they do is extract teeth and make dentures. I asked her about my wisdom tooth problem and she was like, "no we don't do that, we have to make dentures"???

luvmygdaughters

Thanks,

Just called them. The woman on the phone said all they do is extract teeth and make dentures. I asked her about my wisdom tooth problem and she was like, "no we don't do that, we have to make dentures"???

That's ridiculous, they do extractions, is listed on their services, call them back, maybe she wasn't clear about what you were asking.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I need a wisdom tooth removed. No dental insurance. I understand one option I have is the University of MD dental school. However, you have to be there before 6am in the morning. Does anybody know any services within the Calvert County area.

Just to note, it is not impacted, just fractured and in intermittent pain.

Perhaps a solution?

Southern Maryland Mission of Mercy (MOM)
http://www.southernmdmom.org/FAQ.html

Freefaller

Go to your dentist / oral surgeon and write him a check when he/she is done. Or, ask to arrange a payment plan. That's what I did!

steppinthrax

Go to your dentist / oral surgeon and write him a check when he/she is done. Or, ask to arrange a payment plan. That's what I did!

You know what I hate about dentist. You never f---- know what the actual price is. They quote you one price on the phone that has a range of $1.00 to 1M dollars. Then when they have your mouth open they tell you it will cost this (5 times more than they quoted you). Then once they open you're tooth they say it will now cost this. Then on top of that they say you should go ahead and pay money for this and that etc etc etc....

It's also a wonder if you go to another dentist, the price and procedures will be radical different. There is no standard with these people....

luvmygdaughters

You know what I hate about dentist. You never f---- know what the actual price is. They quote you one price on the phone that has a range of $1.00 to 1M dollars. Then when they have your mouth open they tell you it will cost this (5 times more than they quoted you). Then once they open you're tooth they say it will now cost this. Then on top of that they say you should go ahead and pay money for this and that etc etc etc....

It's also a wonder if you go to another dentist, the price and procedures will be radical different. There is no standard with these people....

You can also try Dr. Long in Leonardtown. He has been known to work out payments with you if necessary. It office isn't the most modern in the world, but, he is very nice as is his wife who works in the office.

Stew

Go to an oral surgeon and ask them to bill you in increments. Wisdom tooth extraction is not easy, I wouldn't want any "students" messing around with it.

acommondisaster

You may want to check Health Partners in Waldorf. They provide medical and dental services to people who are uninsured. I am sorry that I don't have details as to what exactly they will provide, but it's been a few years since we were involved with them. Their contact info is:  3070 Crain Highway, Waldorf, MD (right next to the Jaycee building)
 (301) 645-3556
 (301) 645 3932

Roman

Most Dentists will not pull wisdom teeth especially if they're impacted, either under bone, partial bony, or tissue impaction. If it's a straight-up wisdom tooth without weird roots, Dentists will do them. Get an X-Ray of the tooth, then take it to the oral surgeon. This will save some money on the consultation. Most wisdom tooth extractions are at the very least, $200. per tooth. In Calvert County there is a group run by Calvert Memorial Hospital (I think). It is located on H.G. Trueman Road at the intersection of Rousby Hall Road. Almost across from ACE Hardware. Good luck to you. I forgot to add that if the tooth is broken near the gum, a regular Dentist sends you to a surgeon.

Roman

I watched the whole thing twice. Honestly that guy saved a whole ####load of money and time.
I forgot to mention that this clinic is right next to the Moose Lodge(?) on H.G. Truman Road. Another thing to consider is applying for Care Credit. The receptionist can take the paper work and get it approved within 10 minutes, or less. There is no finance charge if the complete bill is paid within a certain time frame. I think it's 6 months. All Dental Practices that I know of accept Care Credit, and the applications are there too. Is this an upper wisdom tooth? If it is, it's cheaper to extract most times. The lower teeth are the more expensive because the bone density of the lower teeth is more dense, making it a little harder to pull.