Fire Forces St. Andrews Landfill to Close

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
This just in...

(Aug. 28, 2015) A fire broke out inside the open-top trailer at the St. Andrews Landfill residential drop off location.

Volunteer fire trucks from several companies and County Highways are assisting in the response. Due to the amount of equipment and hoses, etc., on scene, the operational area is restricted.

As such, the St. Andrews Landfill will remain closed for the rest of the day. The Landfill will re-open at the normal time on Saturday at 8 a.m. The Convenience Center will close at its usual closing time of 5 p.m. today.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It was somethin', I tell ya!

:yay::yay: Good job by county employees and faithful volunteers. It could've been a lot worse.

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 308
  • second.jpg
    second.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 290
  • third.jpg
    third.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 258
  • fourth.jpg
    fourth.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 255

BernieP

Resident PIA
So do they know which idiot set it on fire? Someone had to throw an accelerant in there and then spark it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So do they know which idiot set it on fire? Someone had to throw an accelerant in there and then spark it.

If that's the case, it shouldn't be hard to figure out. There were only five vehicles in the main loop, one being mine. I was off-loading scrap metal on the upper side.

With the low humidity and it being a clear day, any number of things could have sparked it. They closed the gate at the first sign of things getting out of hand, and had those who are trained to handle it, handle it.

All around, a good outcome, in my opinion. The Fire Marshall was expected as I was leaving. I prefer to let those trained to do the job, do the job. It almost looked scripted and rehearsed.

:yay::yay: