Gun control is a dead issue

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

And the prospect of rounding up 300 million guns from some 60 million households makes the deportation of 11 million illegal immigrants seem like a simple matter of arranging a field trip. :lmao:

If Americans seek practical ways of reducing the likelihood of future Flanagans and Adam Lanzas and even common shooters on street corners, they can make much more productive use of their time and money. They can work to reform the way America deals with drug addiction (the root cause of many, many murders). They can advocate for reforms so that American prisons stop serving as the nation's Crime University system, from which low level offenders graduate with advanced degrees.

More immediately, and much more easily, they can discourage politicians and left-leaning media outlets from the sort of irresponsible racial grievance-mongering that Flanagan used to justify his killing spree in the hours before his death — just as he had justified his litigious and incompetent career. Their propaganda, though protected by the First Amendment, is dangerous in the wrong hands.

An America with new ideas about justice, more racial healing and less irresponsible political opportunism may seem like a dream. But it is not nearly as distant a dream as an America without guns. The sooner gun-control advocates recognize this, the sooner they will be working for something worthwhile.

ciwmj

And the prospect of rounding up 300 million guns from some 60 million households makes the deportation of 11 million illegal immigrants seem like a simple matter of arranging a field trip. :lmao:

If Americans seek practical ways of reducing the likelihood of future Flanagans and Adam Lanzas and even common shooters on street corners, they can make much more productive use of their time and money. They can work to reform the way America deals with drug addiction (the root cause of many, many murders). They can advocate for reforms so that American prisons stop serving as the nation's Crime University system, from which low level offenders graduate with advanced degrees.

More immediately, and much more easily, they can discourage politicians and left-leaning media outlets from the sort of irresponsible racial grievance-mongering that Flanagan used to justify his killing spree in the hours before his death — just as he had justified his litigious and incompetent career. Their propaganda, though protected by the First Amendment, is dangerous in the wrong hands.

An America with new ideas about justice, more racial healing and less irresponsible political opportunism may seem like a dream. But it is not nearly as distant a dream as an America without guns. The sooner gun-control advocates recognize this, the sooner they will be working for something worthwhile.

Well said and probably more correct than anyone else has commented !

Amused_despair

Use a handgun to commit a crime...automatic life in prison (this way we don't have to deal with the anti-death penalty whackos) Stop imprisoning people for carrying round marijuana and keep those cots open for these criminals. If your kid uses your gun to commit a crime then you get to go away as well. If you are seeing a shrink then no guns for you. You sell a gun you shouldn't and it is used in a crime, away you go. Unless someone has a better idea, of course.

tommyjo

You do, of course, understand that there is not one actionable suggestion in your latest cut and paste propaganda piece.

What actions to reform drug addiction? The right is the side that advocated for harsher penalties and 3 strike laws...what do you propose in their place? Not a thing.

What prison reforms? None are mentioned.

The article goes to cite 2 examples of background check failures as proof that background checks don't work. Yet it fails to show instances where they did work.

The article is a piece of pablum produced for an unintelligent crowd...no surprise it showed up here.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You do, of course, understand that there is not one actionable suggestion in your latest cut and paste propaganda piece.

What actions to reform drug addiction? The right is the side that advocated for harsher penalties and 3 strike laws...what do you propose in their place? Not a thing.

What prison reforms? None are mentioned.

The article goes to cite 2 examples of background check failures as proof that background checks don't work. Yet it fails to show instances where they did work.

The article is a piece of pablum produced for an unintelligent crowd...no surprise it showed up here.

Did you have a point? You sure did fail to make one, oh rambling one. Say..I'm hungry...would you make me another sammich?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
pablum...
pab·lum
/pabləm/ noun
pabulum; noun:
pablum; bland or insipid intellectual fare, entertainment, etc. alternative spelling: tommyjo

A person can kill someone by smashing a head in with a baseball bat, and get 30 years to life or death.
A person can kill someone by slitting a throat with a pocket knife and get 30 years to life or death.
A person can kill someone by poison and get 30 years to life or death.

Yet, when a person is killed by someone with a gun, many times they get 10-15 for the charge of murder,
but no time for the many firearm laws violated in the commission of that crime. If something is to be fixed,
ensure that all violated firearms laws are prosecuted fully and give max sentences in addition to, and to
run concurrently.

Hijinx

Use a handgun to commit a crime...automatic life in prison (this way we don't have to deal with the anti-death penalty whackos) Stop imprisoning people for carrying round marijuana and keep those cots open for these criminals. If your kid uses your gun to commit a crime then you get to go away as well. If you are seeing a shrink then no guns for you. You sell a gun you shouldn't and it is used in a crime, away you go. Unless someone has a better idea, of course.

I like the laws we already have, but they need to be enforced, and stop letting people out early.

littlelady

God bless the USA
ya every notice how she dogs the entire board with broad generalizations, but still comes back to spread more s h i t

She always goes after conservatives on this forum no matter what the subject matter and calls us all morons, and then vanishes. She never validates her points or remains in a discussion. I haven't responded to her in a long time. It isn't worth it. She has made herself totally boring and predictable. Shades of Hillary. Republicans are terrorists. :lol:

Last edited:

BigBlue

She always goes after conservatives on this forum no matter what the subject matter and calls us all morons, and then vanishes. She never validates her points or remains in a discussion. I haven't responded to her in a long time. It isn't worth it. She has made herself totally boring and predictable. Shades of Hillary. Republicans are terrorists. :lol:

OK DA what is it Gurps says she is here all the time ,you say she isn't around at all "she vanishes",this just shows that all are is an attention whore.:buttkick:

littlelady

God bless the USA
OK DA what is it Gurps says she is here all the time ,you say she isn't around at all "she vanishes",this just shows that all are is an attention whore.:buttkick:

I...will...speak...slowly...for...you. I...said...she...posts...a...comment...in...a...thread...and...never...returns...to...engage...in...a...discussion. I...didn't...say...she...has...vanished...from...the...forum. Now...do...you...understand...what...I...said?

And, please spell check before YOU post. Thank you. Oh yeah, you are so predictable that when you come to the forum, you go into a posting frenzy to spread your love around; thread after thread. You should really think twice about accusing others of being an attention whore.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'm sure you do ,we just don't want to hear from you .Sometimes I think your cats were lucky.:whistle:

Oh, yes, you do, or you wouldn't respond to me in your so endearing way! In other words, you [we] would ignore me. Say hi to Mr. Mouse for me, and please don't sit on him! :lol:

littlelady

God bless the USA
We , as in the real Americans here .:patriot::patriot::yay::yay:

I try to treat you kindly with humor and such because you are a light weight, and light in the head. You cross the line when you decide who is a true American or a patriot. This is how I finally know you are clueless, and post your crap to make yourself feel better. What exactly is your problem? Are you feeling guilty, lacking self confidence IRL, inferiority complex, or what? Open up. 'We' want to help. It is something this forum does very well. Take advantage of the opportunity to ask for advice. Just looking out for you.

And, as far as the OP title of this thread. Yes, gun control is a dead issue as in 'they' will have to pry guns out of the cold dead hands of the millions of true Americans and patriots that live in this great United States of America.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
BS , and you aren't one and never will be one.

Please explain where you get the idea that I am not a true American, or a patriot. And, while you are at it, please explain why you think you are a true American, and a patriot. Thank you.