Ashley M is the biggest scam ever ?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Almost None of the Women in the Ashley Madison Database Ever Used the Site

When hacker group Impact Team released the Ashley Madison data, they asserted that “thousands” of the women’s profiles were fake. Later, this number got blown up in news stories that asserted “90-95%” of them were fake, though nobody put forth any evidence for such an enormous number. So I downloaded the data and analyzed it to find out how many actual women were using Ashley Madison, and who they were.

What I discovered was that the world of Ashley Madison was a far more dystopian place than anyone had realized. This isn’t a debauched wonderland of men cheating on their wives. It isn’t even a sadscape of 31 million men competing to attract those 5.5 million women in the database. Instead, it’s like a science fictional future where every woman on Earth is dead, and some Dilbert-like engineer has replaced them with badly-designed robots.

[clip]

It’s also a matter of public record that some percentage of the profiles are less than real. A few years ago, a former employee of Ashley Madison sued the company in Canada over her terrible work conditions. She claimed that she’d gotten repetitive stress injuries in her hands after the company hired her to create 1,000 fake profiles of women in three months, written in Portuguese, to attract a Brazilian audience. The case was settled out of court, and Ashley Madison claimed that the woman never made any fake profiles.

Still, there is a clause in the Ashley Madison terms of service that notes that “some” people are using the site purely “for entertainment” and that they are “not seeking in person meetings with anyone they meet on the Service, but consider their communications with users and Members to be for their amusement.” The site stops short of saying these are fake people, but does admit that many profiles are for “amusement only.”

Based on this evidence, we’ve got some clear indications that many of the profiles are fake. To find out how many, though, we have to dip into the company’s non-public information, contained in the data dumps.

I wonder how many other 'dating sites' are full of 1000's of fake profiles
... just to separate fools from their money

:belvak:

Why are we denying that women used Ashley Madison?

But, if you look closely at the media coverage, it's only the site's male users who are being called to account. "Pull up your pants, gents. The game is up," said Business Insider. "Don't cry for the men of Ashley Madison," said Britain's Daily Mirror. "They deserve all they get." After all, they're the insatiable hound dogs so desperate to sow their maritally frustrated oats that they thought nothing of using their real email address to sign up for a site promising both affairs and discretion.

Meanwhile, women who use the site — whose details appear on that same list — are being ignored. "Ashley Madison proves women aren't interested in casual sex," screamed a New York Post headline. Sure, it seems very likely that around five out of six of Ashley Madison's genuine clients are men (allegedly the site added fake female accounts to lure more men), but that still means many millions of women signed on to have an affair. That's not an insignificant number — especially for a website marketed predominately at men. Yet, the press diligently focuses its scorn on those reprehensible testicle-owners who sought sex with women who aren't their wives.

Is it really so hard to believe that perhaps some female signups also drooled lustfully at the prospect of covert extramarital sex? And that they were so blinded by the horn that they too entered indiscreet personal details? But journalists are scouring the hack list for famous men, like noted family values hypocrite Josh Duggar, and seem unconcerned with exposing Ashley Madison's female customers.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

Durr, if a woman wants a date/laid she simply has to agree while the man is the one that has to go looking for it.

C

Chuckt

I wonder how many other 'dating sites' are full of 1000's of fake profiles

I hope this whole event has proven how secure computers and the web is.

I went to a local PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) event because they were having an officer talk about online safety and I have stopped wanting to be online.

I had a hard time believing Ashley Madison's website for a number of reasons. A lot of families don't have savings account so going out and renting a motel is out of the question. And I watch my block and I don't see funny business going on.

The Gender Orgasm Gap:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-gender-orgasm-gap/

Ted Talk: The Sex Starved Marriage:

[video=youtube;Ep2MAx95m20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2MAx95m20[/video]