Fear The Walking Dead

BlueBird

Awesome show! Episode one started slow but it did a fantastic job setting up the main characters as well as establishing the setting. Episode two picked up right where episode one left off by upping the drama and "fear" exponentially. Things are getting chaotic quick and the human race as we and the characters know it is about to change forever. I'm excited to see this version of TWD parallel the Walking Dead. So far, I really like this series and I'm officially hooked!

Who else is watching and how do you like it?

Last edited:

Jeter3000

Not impressed with the pilot of FTWD, thought that the acting was mediocre and the plot was weak. However, I gave the series another chance last evening (TWD withdrawals) and now I am hooked. We have been given a time setting (pre-Y2K), added new characters for a slight plot twist and finally, Walkers. We have confirmed Walkers! Although the fledgling series includes only 6 episodes, I believe the next month will not be disappointing.

Midnightrider

Not impressed with the pilot of FTWD, thought that the acting was mediocre and the plot was weak. However, I gave the series another chance last evening (TWD withdrawals) and now I am hooked. We have been given a time setting (pre-Y2K), added new characters for a slight plot twist and finally, Walkers. We have confirmed Walkers! Although the fledgling series includes only 6 episodes, I believe the next month will not be disappointing.

i thought it was pretty boring.....

I'm not sure we will be tuning in for episode three

Jeter3000

Compared with the original TWD, it doesn't hold a candle to the show. However, we were informed by the writers / producers that FTWD would not overlap the original series, characters would not interact from either show nor would we find out how the virus originated (Gimple stated that he doesn't even know). Though it will suffice until October 11th in my opinion. Time will tell.

BlueBird

Give it time! I think episode 2 was a vast improvement over the pilot episode as others have mentioned and I suspect that it will continue to reel us in and captivate us. I thought the original walking dead started off a little slow and I would say that it took several episodes for it to get me hooked. The characters are interesting enough to where I want to see what happens to them and the walkers are interesting enough that I want to see more of them. I would like to see Fear become as popular as the original so we have something to fill the gap between TWD seasons.

RPMDAD

I . am a big TWD fan. I missed the first show in this series, but i did see last nights show and thought it was pretty good.

PeoplesElbow

The time setting is actually about 2010 judging from the i-phones in the show.

BlueBird

Another great episode! I'm officially hooked on this show. Looks like survivors are going to be rounded up and placed in FEMA camps as martial law goes in to effect. Zombies of course aren't a real threat but from an apocalyptic perspective I think what's happening on FTWD is very believable. I hope AMC keeps this series going. It would be cool if we could watch it in the off season of TWD.

BlueBird

It's official. When the Zombie apocalypse comes you won't be able to trust the Government (big surprise). Only one more episode left! I hope AMC keeps this one going. I'm sure they'll have a marathon and if you've missed the first five episodes and love TWD you need to watch this. Every bit as good in my opinion and now that we've seen 5 episodes we feel like we know the characters.

RPMDAD

Die hard TWD fan, have only been able to catch 2 of FTWD, however i liked the 2 i saw. Would love to watch a marathon and catch up, will try to catch the season finale next weekend. What i have heard, sounds like their ratings are pretty good. Don't really like the junkie kid.