RG3 on the outs?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Bob will be traded this season. Once QBs start getting injured the phone calls will come.

Grumpy

Bob will be traded this season. Once QBs start getting injured the phone calls will come.

No one will pick up his contract via a trade (unless RG3 is willing to negotiate), he will have to be cut. Skins will eat the 6.x mil this year but will be relieved of the 16 million for next year.

Escalade14

Go Rams!
No one will pick up his contract via a trade (unless RG3 is willing to negotiate), he will have to be cut. Skins will eat the 6.x mil this year but will be relieved of the 16 million for next year.

I really don't think anyone will want him even when in need of another quarterback, mainly because he is so injury-prone. He is like Sam Bradford - major injuries year after year. Just because Bradford is playing good (for now) in Philly does not mean RG3 will have similar results with another team.

3CATSAILOR

And he throws high when under pressure. If I am the defender, I would stay slightly behind the receiver to catch the interception. If you look at the tape of the few times he has played, you see if quite a bit.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who wants someone that gets injured after 5 plays?

Is there ANY doubt in your mind that, if he could, Snyder would make a deal to get him???

Maybe we can make history as the first team to ever make a deal with itself to get one of its' own players? The spin would be that the Redskins GET a great, young quarterback who was simply in the wrong environment, mishandled and simply needed to be in the right place, needed the stability of an improving defense lead by a good player personnel guy, an energetic, innovative young offensive coach and an environment of welcoming hero worship AND that we traded away a enormous mistake and TOTALLY fleeced the 'other team' and got all these draft picks for a kid who isn't going to amount to any more than a flash in the pan.

We could talk about how we GOT draft picks. We could talk about all the potential of the young, gifted athlete. It could ALL be positive! Then, when that doesn't work, we could cut him AND pick him up on waivers. Then...

:jameo:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Maybe the Eagles will pick him up as their #3 since Tebow wasn't even good enough for the Eagles practice squad.

PeoplesElbow

The article I read from Philadelphia didn't mention that Tebow was "ineligible" for the practice squad. Without being that versed on Tebow's NFL career, what particular point makes him ineligible?

A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.

GregV814

probably a novice comparison, but what other predestined man of color came to DC with little expierence, was thrusted into a powerful position, only to fall apart and shown to have no great importance????