Sabo to Resign Position with St. Mary's County

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
This just in... Is there a back story to this? Is she just moving on to something better or did something happen?

Sue Sabo, St. Mary's County Director of Human Resources and Chief of Staff, has announced her intention to resign effective January 8, 2016.

Sabo has led county government's Human Resources department since 2005, overseeing the administration of benefits, risk management, employee relations, pay and position classifications and other personnel related functions. For the past two years she has also served in a dual role as Chief of Staff and as acting County Administrator on several occasions.

"I want to thank Sue for her hard work and dedication to the county employees," said Commissioner President Randy Guy. "Her efforts have been extraordinary and we are grateful for her efforts and service to St. Mary's County over the past decade."

"Sue is an exemplary professional and the consummate team player. She is the type of person you can always count on," said County Administrator Dr. Rebecca Bridgett. "She has backed me up when needed and has been a great friend. She will be greatly missed."

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Four month lead time sounds like "I'm just tired of this job". She'd be vested in the pension system (how long, total, did she work for St. Mary's?) so maybe she's just retiring.