Stupid woman on the 830 applying fingernail polish!!!

steppinthrax

So i'm heading into DC on the 830 this morning. Probably 10 mins before my stop I smell this strong turpentine smell. I look around and there is this stupid young bitch doing her fingernails in black with her headphones on. I shake my head and face forward. Another woman further back in the bus started smelling it and was voicing out "she shouldn't be doing that" etc... By that time the smell began to spread. Another woman/man starting to complain.

I turned around and the dialog was like this:

Me: Hey
Me: Hey, Some people have asthma on this bus.
Woman: (take headphones out) I'm sorry (the look on her face is almost like I'm asking if she wants her daily ####ing foot massage, by this time I'm irritated).
Me: SOME PEOPLE HAVE ASTHMA ON THIS BUS!!!!! (Yelled so loud the bus driver actually let off the gas a bit).
Woman: I'm sorry (small tiny voice).
Me: ####ING #######!!!!! (bus went quiet, another guy looked at me and kind of snickered)
Me: #### YOU'RE SORRY (by this time the bus driver was trying to figure out if he was driving a city bus off branch ave or if he was on a bus coming from Dunkirk, MD)

LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Me: Hey
Me: Hey, Some people have asthma on this bus.
Woman: (take headphones out) I'm sorry (the look on her face is almost like I'm asking if she wants her daily ####ing foot massage, by this time I'm irritated).
Me: SOME PEOPLE HAVE ASTHMA ON THIS BUS!!!!! (Yelled so loud the bus driver actually let off the gas a bit).
Woman: I'm sorry (small tiny voice).
Me: ####ING #######!!!!! (bus went quiet, another guy looked at me and kind of snickered)
Me: #### YOU'RE SORRY (by this time the bus driver was trying to figure out if he was driving a city bus off branch ave or if he was on a bus coming from Dunkirk, MD)

LOL

This probably explains why you're having trouble with your neighbors.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In this case what if this triggers an attack in someone, that person ends up hospitalized etc.....

How does that look then????

Well, if it's not you who has the allergy, it's none of your business. If it *is* you, then you could have nicely asked her to stop polishing her nails instead of screaming at her and coming off the top rope like some deranged idiot. She said she was sorry and you took that opportunity to start yelling and swearing at her. That makes you the ahole, not her.

steppinthrax

Well, if it's not you who has the allergy, it's none of your business. If it *is* you, then you could have nicely asked her to stop polishing her nails instead of screaming at her and coming off the top rope like some deranged idiot. She said she was sorry and you took that opportunity to start yelling and swearing at her. That makes you the ahole, not her.

If she was 12 years old. I understand. She's a grown ass woman.

In addition the anger warrants the situation.

Seems like you're defending her.

Wait. I'll go to HD tomorrow and get a canister of acetone/boiled linseed oil/rustoleum. I'll spread that stuff all over some cardboard in the bus. Fan it out as well...

The word "Sorry" to me doesn't mean ####!!!!!

Last edited:

Roman

I have to go outside to polish my nails because it gives my husband a headache. It's called common courtesy.

steppinthrax

I have to go outside to polish my nails because it gives my husband a headache. It's called common courtesy.

It's beyond common courtesy.

It breaches the grounds of legality, esp in a public area. It's not like the bus has air scrubbers on it....

steppinthrax

So is communicating with people in a dignified and civilized manner..

You are treated based on how you want to be treated. No based on some rule.... If you don't like how you are treated then take revenge or treat back. Or better yet, don't do stupid ####!!!!!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
You are treated based on how you want to be treated. No based on some rule.... If you don't like how you are treated then take revenge or treat back. Or better yet, don't do stupid ####!!!!!

calm your nuts. she was just quietly painting her nails, not causing a scene like you did. She didn't "treat" anyone badly, just was a little unaware about the fumes a little polish could do. A simple polite reminder could have done the trick.

But if you think an apology doesn't mean ####, what did you expect her to do or say in the moment you loudly brought that to her attention? That's a real question.

steppinthrax

calm your nuts. she was just quietly painting her nails, not causing a scene like you did. She didn't "treat" anyone badly, just was a little unaware about the fumes a little polish could do. A simple polite reminder could have done the trick.

But if you think an apology doesn't mean ####, what did you expect her to do or say in the moment you loudly brought that to her attention? That's a real question.

Where I'm from,

People get a sever beating for that type of #### "Hell on Wheels" style.......

Grumpy

Rode a commuter bus into DC for a few years, rudeness and stupidity are the norm, surprised you haven't come to grips with that if you've been riding the bus for any length of time.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I agree the lady painting her nails was rude, but the OP was rude, vulgar, offensive, antagonistic, and combative.

Her rudeness in no way absolves the OP's behavior.

It's been my personal and professional experience that you can be polite and civil to people and get a much better outcome of results. Whereas when you are hostile towards people, that person will shut down, stop responding, and you get poor results.

So congratulations to the OP, you made that girl miserable all day and you are an #######. She'll probably burst into tears at work, not go to lunch, and will pick a later bus to ride home just so that when she gets there and she'll kick her cat and have a lifetime of regret and remorse.

While you are patting yourself on the back and feeling all smug and superior, all that she's going to remember from your encounter is that there's an aggressive and combative man who scares her and rides that particular bus.

Tech

Where are you from?

straight-outta-compton.jpg

steppinthrax

Rode a commuter bus into DC for a few years, rudeness and stupidity are the norm, surprised you haven't come to grips with that if you've been riding the bus for any length of time.

When I was in Baltimore I rode the 15X (15 express) for some time (year or so). This bus starts around St Paul, runs all the way up Belair Road all through the projects etc....

So you pretty much get a cross section/taste of Baltimore.

If this type of #### happened on that bus 20 different people will step up to make that person understand right from wrong. Pretty much they would get a free BRAIN RE-WIRING for life or 20 years worth of intense deep psychotherapy in about 10 seconds!!!!!

steppinthrax

I agree the lady painting her nails was rude, but the OP was rude, vulgar, offensive, antagonistic, and combative.

Her rudeness in no way absolves the OP's behavior.

It's been my personal and professional experience that you can be polite and civil to people and get a much better outcome of results. Whereas when you are hostile towards people, that person will shut down, stop responding, and you get poor results.

So congratulations to the OP, you made that girl miserable all day and you are an #######. She'll probably burst into tears at work, not go to lunch, and will pick a later bus to ride home just so that when she gets there and she'll kick her cat and have a lifetime of regret and remorse.

While you are patting yourself on the back and feeling all smug and superior, all that she's going to remember from your encounter is that there's an aggressive and combative man who scares her and rides that particular bus.

LOL,

That's her problem, not mines!!!!

You reap what you sew....

You must be sarcastic via this post....